Fur Sister Gone Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorningMist

Reaction score
Today we lost one of our very first pets, and one of our dearest, our 13 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi Libby. Libby was always in our lives whether she was just hanging out on the front porch smiling away or she was asleep on her back like a person in front of the fire place. She was a constant in our whole family's life. It crushed my heart when I got home from school today to hear that she was gone on our floor in our house. She must have fallen asleep and her heart gave out when she was still sleeping (she was hyperthyroid and she had a bad heart). I can still see her sitting in the living room or roaming in the yard.

She lived a long and happy life full of squeaky toys and dog treats.

I miss you Libby. I hope you see Lilly up there.
default_bye-sad.gif

DSC_0011.jpg

libbylb.jpg

Aww. I am so sorry, and you are right, she will be waiting for you.....HUGS Theresa

Hugs for you. What wonderful memories you will have of this sweet girl and what she meant to you. Corgies are the sweetest most loyal dogs I've ever owned and I'm sure she knew how much you loved her.

Gini

Such a pretty little girl, I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Libby

Oh, Bless her heart........She took away the tough decision for you......What a sweet little one.
default_wub.png
I like how you call her a "Fur SISTER". I think of our special ones as Fur Family, but that is a lovely twist.

Soo sorry to hear about your Libby......

it must have been corgi day at the Rainbow bridge.....the old cantankerous cardigan at the horse barn was helped across today too...he had not been well over the last day or so (while the owners were away and I was looking after him). They took him to the vet today to find out a tumor that they had removed last fall had grown again very aggressively....there was nothing they could do for him. He was the replacement to the cardi that got me hooked on the breed....though he himself was not the friendliest of corgis that I have ever met, he and I had an understanding....and Moxie was about the only dog he tolerated....he really did love her.....we're going to miss him at the barn tomorrow and for a long time to come....
default_bye-sad.gif

~kathryn

i'm so very sorry for your loss. it's never easy to lose a furry family member but how nice libby could go peacefully in her sleep. she will be waiting for you.
default_wub.png

Sorry to hear of the loss of your baby, it is very hard to miss them. <<hugs>>

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all to well. It sure sounds like you gave her a wonderful life! She's a lucky girl. We will all be together with our loving animals again someday! Have fun over the Rainbow Bridge little Lilly! There are some great ones there for you to play with!

I'm so sorry. She's just adorable! I know how very hard this is on you.

Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is so hard when you loose one. ((HUGS)) to you during this sad time...

I'm so sorry!!!

I lost my best friend, my dog Winston, in Novemember and I know I'll think of him every day for the rest of my life. I do now have a new special (SO special) baby, Watson, and he helps a lot.

Also, I still think of my "fur brother", Oliver, who was my parents' Old English Sheepdog. I loved him like my own.

So many people understand how you and your family are feeling and to us, dogs are family.

So sorry and I hope you will soon be able to smile when you remember all the good times you had with Libby!

Back