Funny things People Say

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My non-horsey husband says when asked what kind of horses we have "We have a quarter horse and a quarter. (My big girl Minxie and mini Max) He also thought he was being so cleverly original!!! Ha Ha Ha

Diane in OR

My mom, when she sees a bay or buckskin pinto: "Ohhh, look at the pretty calico!"

Kari

I had several yearlings out tied to the fence years ago, when a family stopped by to look at them. Dad asked if they were all from the same litter.... :new_shocked: :bgrin

Jan
AHHAHAHHA

Thats the best :eek:

We had a novice horse owner want to breed her mare to our stallion. She asked how to tell when they were in heat. We told her they squirt and wink. We also took her over to a mare that was in heat and after she saw the mare squirt, she ran to the front of the horse to see if the mare was really winking. :eek: My husband and I had to bite out lips to keep from laughing out loud. After she left we laughed so hard our cheeks hurt.

One thing I almost always hear when we do pony rides is "How big will they be when they grow up?". I also hear "What do you feed them?" My pony ride horses are all geldings and someone will always ask what a gelding is and then usually turn around and ask if he will have any babies soon.

Angie

I was driving my 6yr old 32" mare near the river bike trails and a lady going by on a bike gave me a dirty look and with discuss said "Boy, they sure do start them early now".

I didn't get a chance to reply to her and was shocked :new_shocked: that she thought I was driving a foal!

My neighbor came over one day while I was out back with the horses. I was leading my Saddlebred GELDING through the Mini's pasture and of course all the Mini's were following him. Without missing a beat, my neighbor yelled out "is it normal to get that many different colors in a litter?" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last fall, the Mini Club had a tent set up at the local fair with a bunch of Mini's there for the people to see and pat. I think I must of heard 1000 mothers tell their children to "keep your fingers out of the cages".
default_wacko.png
:

I've heard many other crazy things, but can't remember them right now..I am sure they'll come to me
default_wink.png
:

Jen

We had a novice horse owner want to breed her mare to our stallion. She asked how to tell when they were in heat. We told her they squirt and wink. We also took her over to a mare that was in heat and after she saw the mare squirt, she ran to the front of the horse to see if the mare was really winking. :eek: My husband and I had to bite out lips to keep from laughing out loud. After she left we laughed so hard our cheeks hurt.

That is a riot! :eek:

Latest posts

Back