Funny behaviour

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilfoot

Reaction score
Well I've always got a hoot out of my Muffy's behaviour during her obvious heat cycles.

Without a Jack she makes do :eek: with other friends. Joshua (our gelded John) puts up with

her constant mounting but can offer her nothing.
default_unsure.png
:

Nor can the other geldings she pesters...but now she has fallen for an older mare :no: Muffy

moons around her, lays her head on her back & tries to mount but Mindy
default_wacko.png
: isn't having

any of this.

She has also taken up Braying all night outside Mindy's stall!

Oh my...I'd planned on taking her to a small spotted Jack in the spring as fall/winter is no time

to be having a baby next year.

If only I could explain this to her
default_rolleyes.gif
:

gotta go get my camera...lol

Sandy

default_rolleyes.gif
: Poor girl - my Priscilla used to be SO obnoxious toward my big geldings. They are indeed a funny breed :lol:

[SIZE=12pt]They really are funny creatures and we'd like to see pictures!
default_yes.gif
: I don't guess my Maggie does anything special since I didn't even notice when she was in heat because I was thinking that she was pregnant all summer...LOL!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

LIk eLN, the Hand Stud, he goes nuts when ever new Jennys come in, but everytime he is around them and tries to mount, they kick him in the head, he has bled many times to gain satisfaction.....lol

He is very hostile to other Jacks, he has gone through the fence and taken them by the throat.

Same thing here. :no: If no jack is around to "help the jennys out" my mares have to put up with them mounting them, my poor gals! What a sight to see, especially if we have company around..gets a little embarrassing
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin and then if I have a open jenny and she goes into heat--I have another jenny that will bray up a storm until.... :bgrin that jenny always lets me know when I have a mare in heat too. She's pretty helpful over breeding season :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Corinne

Latest posts

Back