Fun Shows or beginners shows for AMHA and AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

My girls are wanting to show our amha and amhr minis in fun shows and beginners shows close to mississippi. Does anyone know of any shows close to us? They would like to start off with halter classes first?We got some books,but need more information about what to wear and what all to do before they try to show our minis?What are the best way to learn to show our minis and the girls, because we don't have shows to watch around here for minis just big horses. Please help us if possible. My girls are going to try to show our minis in the 4-h shows here in mississippi to learn some.What all should we take to the shows give examples please? What all paperwork do we need for the shows? Any information would be great.We got minis show halters already for the minis, we got them from ozark tack supplies.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Southern Miniature Horse Confederation is having a Miniature Horse Sale and Fun Show on June 9, 2007 in

Philadelphia, MS at the Neshoba County Coliseum.

Also Miniature AMHA/AMHR sanctioned show on June 21-22 of 2008 in West Monroe, LA at the Ike Hamilton Exposition Center.

Info here: http://www.smhconfederation.net/page7.html

Also check out this link on the Forum for the Tunica Show

http://minihorse.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...5&hl=tunica

These are the Shows I have found in the Mississippi area.
default_smile.png

--Mike

The Arkansas Miniature Horse Society is having their Fuzzy Fun Show this weekend, Saturday,March 24, at the White County Fairgrounds,Searcy, Arkansas. A charity auction will preceed the show....auction at 11.00 am and the show to start about 1 pm. You are very welcome to join us in the fun in a very informal and congenial setting....please come.. Michael

My first show was a AMHR sanctioned show and I was out there all alone, not having a clue. But that is all it tool for me to be bitten by the show bug. There is a 3 day AMHR show in Tunica Memorial Day weekend. it will have ammy classes and youth classes for you to start with. Maybe some one can elaberate more on this show. COme join us ub Tunica!! It is the Arkansas Miniature Horse Society Sam's Town Show DOwn X3.

:aktion033: The Tennessee Miniature Horse Volunteers is hosting a fun show in Petersburg, TN on April 21,2007 Starting at 10:00am We will also be hosting clinics for the youths and adults--Topic "how to show your minis in halter" The show starts right after that. There will be miniature donkey classes also.

We are gonna have a great, funfilled day!! :saludando:

For more information, please visit the club website at www.tmhv.net

We are also having a AMHA/AMHR show on JUNE 1,2,3 2007 and we have youth and new comer classes also.

I know that the Cajun Country Miniature Horse Club usually does one or two a year in Gonzales Louisiana. But I haven't heard anything lately.

www.cajuncountryminis.com

:aktion033: Thanks everyone.

Our girls are getting happy about trying to show our minis.

Please PM me with any information about shows close to us with is Mississippi.

Thanks alot

I don't know how far Brandon is from where we have our horseshows, but we have 3 miniature classes in our shows that start on March 30th. Our shows are held at Marshall County Fairgrounds in Holly Springs, MS. We have halter, jumping and a cart class. We are a saddle club and we hold 13 shows with varied classes. Several of our members have minis which is why wwe offer 3 classes. We are by no means formal and it's a great place to start. Pm me is you are interested.

Hello,

Thanks for the ones you all listed already.

Please list any other shows amha and amhr near Mississippi.We will drive if needed as long as it not to far.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back