Fun personal Q's about your journey with Minis!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lewella - Jason does an awesome job with the horses! Love his expression!!!

How many minis? 3

How did I get into mini's? I have always had horses and have always found the miniatures fascinating. Had a couple bad accidents with the big horses and had a grandson that was very fearful of the big horses so just knew we had to have a miniature!

Do you show your minis? I haven't yet but not ruling it out.

What classes do you enjoy most? I have never shown my minis but have attended numerous shows. I really enjoy the Jumping, In hand Obstacle, Liberty and the halter classes.

Do you drive your minis? No, but is on my list of things to do. I would like to take my stud and myself to someone so they could teach both of us the ins and outs of driving.

Do you just keep your minis for personal backyard interest? Yes and no

Do you breed your mini's? That is part of the plan.

Favorite memory with a special mini or minis in general? I have a few but probably the best was when we went to pick up our first mini and I went walking up to her I knew in my heart she was perfect. I almost cried tears of joy. It was the longest drive home because I couldn't wait to be able to spend time with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many mini's do you have? 7 currently

How did you get into mini's? By accident, found a drafty lil stud and fell in love back in 2004.

Do you show your mini's? yes lightly, 3 fun club shows & 1 amhr rated show

What classes to you enjoy most? halter, color, liberty, model, obstical

Do you drive your mini's? my lil stud for fun on the back rds

Do you just keep mini's for personal backyard interests? yep, its a expencive hobby

Do you breed your mini's? yep, 1-3 foals here and there... total to date: 9, 3 colts/6 fillies

Favorite memory with a special mini or mini's in general? when my 2009 buckskin roan filly Silver Maples Zahara Supreme was born

Feel free to share pictures!

This is just for fun to get to know some of you since I'm so new to the forum :D

phone pics 2 015.jpg

100_1625.jpg

100_4361.jpg

7873860720_95e3d3e936_m.jpg

post-18407-0-29720600-1322546857_thumb.jpg

sentra_2009_1.jpg

How many mini's do you have?

Currently we have 14, but we were up to 16 (and a Mini donkey) for awhile.

How did you get into mini's?

In 1994, I saw an ad for a black pinto Mini stallion and since I was no longer showing big horses, I decided to get him!

Do you show your mini's?

Yes, we love showing!
default_smile.png

What classes to you enjoy most?

Right now we only show halter classes, but this year hope to add some performance classes.

Do you drive your mini's?

Not at the moment, but our plan is to get a few broke to drive this year!

Do you just keep mini's for personal backyard interests?

We don't breed, so I guess they are. ;)

Do you breed your mini's?

Over the years, I have only had a total of 8 live foals (2 deceased), but we are no longer doing any breeding.

Favorite memory with a special mini or mini's in general?

I have many, but just this past September, I won a Reserve National Championship with my gelding Khan and that was such an amazing feeling! My 1st time in "center ring"...that is one of my highlights since owning Minis!

How many mini's do you have?

one =)

How did you get into mini's?

I wanted to try something new--the thought of having a little horse around made me excited and I searched for months until I finally found my little fur ball! ;)

Do you show your mini's?

I plan to this year and I'm really excited! =)

What classes to you enjoy most?

Halter and Showmanship =)

Do you drive your mini's?

No--we had a pony when I was younger who we did though.

Do you just keep mini's for personal backyard interests?

Yes and no. =)

Do you breed your mini's?

No, but maybe hopefully in the future =)

Favorite memory with a special mini or mini's in general?

Just sitting in the shed with her while she searches me for treats and then after she shows me off some tricks I'll finally give her some and then I'll watch her nap in the sun =)

This is her most recent pic--Running in the arena! =):

http://s1.postimage.org/4ndvdm23j/IMG_0209.jpg

Exhausted! ;) :

http://s9.postimage.org/viajiugsf/IMG_0214.jpg

How many mini's do you have? ONE

How did you get into mini's? Our ring bearer in our wedding was my best fiend's mini. I fell in love AGAIN that day. Had to have one.

Do you show your mini's? YES

What classes to you enjoy most? Halter obstacle

Do you drive your mini's? He isn't old enough yet but the plan is yes.

Do you just keep mini's for personal backyard interests? In addition to stallion prospective and showing.

Do you breed your mini's? I will here in a year or so.

Favorite memory with a special mini or mini's in general? The day I met my little man at 6 days old...the size of a small dog...LOVE

Feel free to share pictures!

241487_2114565070757_1721440_o.jpg

2011-09-02_16-05-57_362-1.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

WOW lots of info! Thanks everyone, its great to meet you! So many funny and interesting stories :-D ....love em' ...the photos are great too! Anyone else like to share?

How many minis do you have? I have 23 minis (for my sins).

How did you get into minis? When I lived in suburbia a woman who lived around the corner had one. I fell in love.

Do you show your minis? A little. Not many shows around here.

What classes to you enjoy most? Halter classes are pretty much all we have locally.

Do you drive your minis? Two of them.... not at the same time though.

Do you just keep minis for personal backyard interests? If you call 35 acres a backyard then I guess the answer is yes.

Do you breed your minis? No, not game enough.

Favorite memory with a special mini or minis in general? My heart just bursts with love when I look at them.

I am down to one mini.

Have had one foal with her, but sold her before the move to VA.

Have no plans on breeding her again, I love her too much to chance loosing her.

Do not show, have no interest.

I trained Maggie to cart, to do scaled down draft work and wear a saw buck and pannier. She loves it.

Maggie is my dear heart. She has helped me in so many ways.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back