Full Vision Rule Change (AMHR)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
At Convention last November, there was a proposed rule change about a horse having full vision in both eyes. I know for sure that the proposed change passed in the AMHR meeting, but I can't find the new rule in the 2010 supplement, nor any mention of it in the BOD meetings as posted on the AMHR website.

I plan to call the office on this, but I just wondered if anyone here knew for sure what happened with that.

Thanks.

At Convention last November, there was a proposed rule change about a horse having full vision in both eyes. I know for sure that the proposed change passed in the AMHR meeting, but I can't find the new rule in the 2010 supplement, nor any mention of it in the BOD meetings as posted on the AMHR website.

I plan to call the office on this, but I just wondered if anyone here knew for sure what happened with that.Thanks.
I am not sure either. I am sure I had read about it somewhere?

I know of both riding and driving horses which compete very well, with one working eye. I do agree that a horse blind at birth...should not be allowed in halter classes as an entire or unspayed mare, as that is a solid a conformation fault that should never have a chance to pass on, and like it or not, the halter ring is where many people make their breeding choices.

Do you remember what the changes propsed were?

I plan to call the office on this, but I just wondered if anyone here knew for sure what happened with that.Thanks.
I am not sure either. I am sure I had read about it somewhere?

I know of both riding and driving horses which compete very well, with one working eye. I do agree that a horse blind at birth...should not be allowed in halter classes as an entire or unspayed mare, as that is a solid a conformation fault that should never have a chance to pass on, and like it or not, the halter ring is where many people make their breeding choices.

Do you remember what the changes propsed were?
This rule change was not extraordinary so will go into effect in 2011.

Motion to delete the following from Section X, part 10, L: complete loss of sigh in either eye

Add the following as last line to Section X, part 10, L: Complete or partial loss of sight in either eye will not be a disqualification if the loss of sight results from traumatic injury. A licensed veterinarian must verify the deltiology of the sight loss as traumatic and such copy must accompany horse’s papers.

does anyone know if this applies to AMHA as well? didn't see anything in the rule book about it.

Latest posts

Back