Freedom's Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
My rescue mare foaled this beautiful boy last Thursday night! Gosh, can't believe it's been a week already!!

He was very black when he was born but has lightened quite a bit. Not sure what he will end up, would love to hear your opinions!

Also, still trying to think of a barn name! Trying for something Patriotic since his mom is named Freedom and my other mare is named Miss Independence. BUT ALL types of names are being considered! If he were a filly I would have named her Liberty but I think it's to feminine for him. I also like the name Justice but my daughter knows a girl named that and begged me not to name him that! lol

He is a devil! Never stops jumping on his mom, runs like a crazy man, bites etc. Maybe that will help you think of a name!
default_wacko.png

They look HUGE in the first pic....but she is about 37" and he is about 25"(can't get a very accurate measurement yet as the mare has been VERY protective of him! Ugh! But we're making progress!)

~Tammy

PS. Pretty scary to think that this mare (along with 30 others) was sitting in a "kill buyers" pen just 5 months ago!!!!

Ok, here he is at 6 days old..........

365607308.jpg

365607397.jpg

Here he is being crazy!! LOL!!!!

365607449.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's so handsome!

Patrick Henry

Lexington

Plymouth Rock

Pilgrim

Apollo--isn't this the anniversary year of the moon landing?

Rocket--for fireworks

Blue Angel--Navy pilots

Jefferson

Independance--you could call him Indy

Yankee Doodle Dandy

Rebel

He is gorgeous, and so is mom! I LOVE that first photo, they are both so upright
default_wub.png
I have a cat named Uncle Sam (aka Sam/ Sammy), his sister is Lady Liberty (Libby).

name his patriot and call him pat r patriot my moms friend has a draft cross name patriot we call him pat patrick patriot and goober but hes a dork ahaha

Thank you all so much for the compliments on Freedom and her new boy!!! I am so excited about them!

And keep those names coming! I love them all but need to test drive them and see what sticks!
default_smile.png

Tammy

What a beautiful boy - what about Patriot Games like the movie - he looks like a boy that likes to play

Oh My gosh he is too cute......

Firework

Nightyme Fireworks

Freedom fighter

Spirit Of the night

Free Spirit

Bound To Be Free

Proud To Be Free

Free Indenpendence

Elis ( Elis island) spelling?

My son said : Night Hawk , Eagle , Bald Eagle, Bald Eagle Freedom..

Jenn

I'm not any good with names, but I love that last picture of him. And the first one of him and Mom.

They are both beautiful. Thank you so much for rescuing the mare.

Look at that sweet baby!

I am not good with names...my 6 week old foal finally got named this week! lol...but both theses horses are really gorgeous.

Congrats!

Latest posts

Back