Freddie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibsongrrl

Reaction score
I haven't been on this forum in a LOOOONG time. Not sure if anyone even remembers me, but I used to have a mini mare and mini donkey that I would post about now and again. I needed to downsize a few years back and gave them away to a great home. Since I have been down to only two big horses I have always missed my little minis.

So I work at a feed store and was chatting with a good customer one day about her horses. She has ASBs and minis and I told her how I would like to have another mini someday. A few weeks later she is back in and asks me if I'd like to have one of her minis! So she gave him to me, just so he would have a good home.

Poor thing used to be a Merry-Go-Round pony (stallion!) and she got him two years ago and had him gelded. She's obviously spent some time with him because he surprising has pretty good manners.

He's not registered or anything, but oh is he cute. And in my uneducated opinion, he's put together quite nicely! I think he's been mishandled a little in his past as he's ear shy and when I come round with the muck rake to scoop poo he gets the heck out of dodge. But with some TLC I think he'll come around nicely.

Anyway, I've been browsing the forum again and thought I'd share some pictures of Freddie. You'll have to excuse his dirtiness. We've had gorgeous 70 and 80 degree temps the last couple of weeks and of all weekends THIS weekend when I picked him up it has turned back to winter. Cold and rainy. :p

Here he is meeting my old Peruvian gelding. They are twins!

minime.jpg

He's not so impressed with the Fjord....nor she with him. lol.

fredizzy-2.jpg

3-27-7.jpg

Freddie.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community again!
default_smile.png

-Kristie

Okay now that second photo with the fjord is just priceless...l'm laughing myself silly
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Wow, in that first pic, you could call him "mini me". He looks just like your big horse, but in mini size!

He is very cute!!
wub.gif

Very cute little guy! Glad to see you back.

He is handsome and has a nice face. Looking forward to see him this summer.

I recently worked with a little herd of horses and ALL were ear/head shy. We figured they had all been grabbed by the ears. Or perhaps twitched by the ears. Very hard to get a horse over this association. I had one of the horses on my place for over 2 months and was just beginning to be able to brush her ears. Still couldn't handle them, though.

He'll let me touch his ears, but he doesn't like it. I was worried that once I took his halter off that I would have trouble getting him to let me put it back on, but thankfully it was not an issue.
default_smile.png

I'm looking forward to seeing him all shed out as well!

-Kristie

He looks like a sweetheart!!!
default_saludando.gif

I pray that I will never have to live w/o a mini in my life ever again.

I just love that pic with the fjord, priceless! I'm a big fjord fan...I rode one once and now owning one is a dream of mine.

Congrats on your new boy!

Latest posts

Back