Frame Overo and Splashed Owners Please share your photos :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most/many of the LTD horses are frame (LWO+). I think that line comes from a horse named Shredder through LTDs Magic Man, a lovely frame overo that even has his own Breyer model. Not to be confused with the "other" Magic Man, Flying W Farms Blue Boys Magic Man, a H/Z TOBIANO pinto. We have a daughter of the tobiano Magic Man. Both Magic Mans are mutli times World/National champions.

Our Rowdy-bred pinto stallion is also LWO- so we haven't tested all our Rowdy-bred mares to see if any (other than Mira) are LWO+.

I think the "problem" with the Rowdy lines is that they are "notorious" for "hiding" the LWO (sorry for the over worked parenthesis, btw!!) LTD lines combine Splash, Sabino and LWO and are usually very "wild " (Oh there I go again
default_yes.gif
) whereas Rowdy lines can be very sneaky (just not using the little so and so's anymore you will have to insert parenthesis as need in the privacy of your own mind....) and give you a solid horse that is LWO + - now, any (whoo hoo another little feature) LWO + can., in theory, hide the gene, but Rowdy hid it himself and is known for it. (I am exhausted, I am all punctuated out, I need to go an lie down now....)

Certainly Rowdy was one to "hide" (oops...sorry, I guess I am copying Jane) frame/LWO+, but if you are looking at a pedigree for horses that might be LWO+, sometimes all you have is the name with a prefix, so they won't necessarily look wild colored. And even if the pedigree says "pinto" (there I go again) you won't know what pattern it is, so knowing what possible prefixes or names to look for might help. The frame patterns is very popular and some people want to breed for it, just need to be careful. BTW, you do not increase the chance of getting frame by breeding frame to frame. All you do is increase the chance of getting a foal that will die shortly after birth.

I think it was another thread where someone was worried about lethal white in a mare already bred. Even if they are both LWO+, you still have "only" a 1 in 4 chance of getting a lethal white foal. Is there any way you can have the stallion tested to remove any worry at all?
Unfortunately no,, he's been sold and previous owner doesn't have contact info
default_sad.png
Guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

any new frames to share
default_smile.png
What do you all think about this little guy? He is not registered, I bought him for a pet, to cart train....All I know about him is his mama is in one of the pictures and his daddy was white with blue eyes....I have his half sister also who is out of a Smokey black mare & same stallion, she is white with blue eyes...I thought she was a cremello at first but after seeing her half brother,I'm thinking Extreme Sabino? idk..ha ha.......

Not sure if these guys are splash or tobiano's? The black and white has one blue eye and the other horse has two blues. Both have a lot of white that continues onto the face. From what I have been reading I think my guys are tovero's?

2323232327Ffp534583Enu3D32493E33C33.jpg

shmayb.jpg

IMG_1175.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This boy is sabino/Frame/splash out of two black based horses. NO Tobiano at all in this fello

saharacolt3_zps1c4985a2.jpg

Sharacolt1_zps0a7794ee.jpg

Here is a red frame/sabino filly two blue eyes

FramefillyDebbie_zpsb37d7ea9.jpg

Here is another filly that is a splash/tested LWO NO TObiano at all.

splashfilly_zps3d77e307.jpg

This mare tested negative for LWO.

DSC07432_zps2a6f6df1.jpg

DSC07423_zps26b424f1.jpg

This guys sire is positive for frame but I have not tested him yet. I assume he is too.

DSC06527_zpsff1c99a5.jpg

Back