Found this by accident

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMiniGal

Reaction score
I am sure many already know this, but I didn't and found it by accident, but wanted to pass it on, to those that may not know it. Since moving Halo to her new place, I have learned so much, from my friend. I have been working with Halo, a lot lately. I have started rubbing her ear, as she seemed to of really liked it. One time, I had walked with Halo, and my friend and I were just standing there talking, and I reached down, and started rubbing the inside of one of Halo's ears, with my thumb. After a couple minutes, we looked down and Halo was almost completely asleep, and as my friend said.."drooling" LOL She told me I had hit an endorphin and Halo had gotten completely relaxed. My friend showed me some other areas where there are some. The ear is one of the easiest to get to, on Halo, and it is nice to know she reacts well with it, so before we do things like her hooves, or clipping her bridle path, I will rub her ear for a bit first. She acted up for the last farrier, but I wasn't there, and I am thinking she didn't like the guy, as she never reacted before, with one. She is having her hooves looked at today, by my friend's farrier, and see if he can get them back in shape from the last guy. But, just incase, she wants to act up, I am rubbing that ear!
default_yes.gif

works very well for dogs too. T touch technique for dogs, not sure about horses, but I have been doing it for dogs for years. Doesn't work if they have any ear issues obviously, but for healthy ears works great. My new boston puppy will go to sleep and quit being hyper if I stroke her ears gently. good tip, glad you shared,

I remember reading that in a TTouch book, but I swear I also saw Elizabeth Taylor do that in National Velvet or some other really old black and white movie. Old wisdom revived?

I have figured out, with Halo anyway, that she really only likes one ear rubbed. The other one, she doesn't mind you touching, but not to rub it. I have never watched "National Velvet". I think I am going to have to see if Netflix or somewhere has it to watch.

Latest posts

Back