Found horse near Caldwell Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorrie & Frank

Reaction score
I am helping a lady with big horse paints who found a mini stallion in great shape and a halter wandering in their neighborhood. She wants to find his rightful owner. Look at the picture to see if recognize him. Please contact mini owners near Caldwell, Texas to see if they are missing a stallion. Contact me for more information.

foundhorseCaldwell.jpg

I sent a note to AMHA in case someone contacts them searching for him.

I'm not sure of the color other than just what we see. The folks are having trouble with their fencing and keeping him. Is come one interested in him? She wants to call the sheriff on Monday to have him take him away. I'd love to see him get a good home.

Hello

Maybe the folks that have him can phone the local feed stores and Vets to see if someone has posted him as missing. Seems a nice horse like that would be missed. In fact the Sheriff may already know he is missing, perhaps a call to them to see if was reported missing.

Beth

Post photos and information and search on www.netposse.com

stolen or lost horse page.

For gosh sakes....he HAS to belong to someone. He has a halter on, and is in good shape.

He could have been stolen & not belong to anyone "local".

I hope his owners find him.
default_unsure.png

A number of people have been looking for his owner in that area at feed stores and vet offices and can't find them. Here are a couple of other pictures. I will do the netposse posting.
shorty2.jpg
shorty3.jpg
shorty4.jpg

He is a very nice looking horse...

If I were closer I would sure be willing to give him a very good home.

I am up in NW Montana.

I wonder if he was abandoned?

Sure makes you wonder.

Please keep us informed on the little mans out come.

I know she can't keep him longer. I'd send her money if I could. I'm doing the best I can to find someone to just take him to give him more time to find a home & not go to auction. I'm afraid of what might happen to him there. I would take him but our truck isn't working right now, and can't go get him. I'm asking my friends and trying hard to help!

Thank you Roxy & Vickie for trying to help this boy!
default_yes.gif

I hope they have hung signs, contacted farriers too, the netposse thing is good and maybe a local paper or equine publication as well?? Does the state have an agricultural or livestock department? Someone might want to find out if it is legal to sell someone else's horse just because no one has been able to find the rightful owner? Can a rescue take it to try to find it's home?

People people please. You cannot just "take" a "stray" horse and make him yours. There are laws. The owners may have went on vacation leaving him with a doofus that set him free by a stupid accident for all we know. This is one reason CMHR has not been legally able to step in. We have no right. This horse has to be surrendered to the authorities there and follow their guidelines. Net posses is great as well as calling the ASPCA and Humane Authorities, vets in the area.

If you mean me, I'm Not trying to "take" him. She can't keep him there past Monday and I was only trying to figure out a way to get him some place else, to try to find the owner or just give him more time, until something could be figured out. *I* can't go get him and we can't take him in. I was trying to make sure he had a place to go to wait for help to come, to help him and Roxy out. That's ALL.
default_yes.gif

Turns out it's too far for my friends to go.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Robin, Where is this horse located at (town)?

Edited to add..... I just looked up Caldwell, Tx it is near the Gulf coast past Austin. I hope that they don't take him to auction as Marty said, they could get into a ton of trouble. Is there an ASPCA there that they could notify, or an animal shelter?

Is it $$ that she needs to keep him longer till they can search for his owners?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you contact the sheriff they will more than likely take custody of the horse. We can offer a foster home for the horse if need be after the sheriff has taken it into custody until the rightful owner is located. Please have the sheriff contact me if they need a foster home for this stallion while the search for his owner takes place. 586-850-2343

Wonder if someone hauled him in and let him loose??? This sort of stuff drives me crazy.......rescues are busy, but if you can't feed him start looking for solutions before if becomes that big of a problem.

I just looked up the town and it looks like mapquest is showing 2 counties... anyone know which one hes in?

I am not trying to 'take' him but may be able to foster him as well if he needs a bit more time - if hes getting out of his current location that makes me wonder if he is an escape artist - regardless - if the sheriff / animal care and control don't have any luck finding an owner please let me know I might be able to foster...

I sure hope the owner is found.

I hope he just wasn't dropped off to find another home. That would be so sad.

Joyce L

Little Folks Farm

Latest posts

Back