For Those Going to "R" Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Just thought I would post this as it might thow a lot of folks off since they are not familiar with the Tulsa area.

The intersection of Yale & I-44 is under a major re-construction and at this time the exit is closed in both directions. They are working on it fast but not sure if it will be completed before Nationals. At this time I would suggest (and it is posted on the overhead marques as you enter the Tulsa area) to take I-244 around to the north side of Tulsa. You would still use the YALE exit but you would turn on 21st to get to the fair grounds instead of 15th if you were coming from the south (I-44).

If coming from the west and getting off of I-244 the right turn is pretty tight for someone pulling a large trailer (over 20 ft) unless you are prepared to make a wide turn from the right lane--watch for those cars that won't heed your right hand turn signal--most of you who pull long trailers already know that some drivers just don't heed your turn signal and get beside you when you need to make a wide turn.

Jan always takes her 53 foot trailer this way because the left hand turn off of I-44 was more than a 90 degree turn and was almost impossible to make if you were unfamiliar with the intersection and exited in the far left lane. Maybe the re-construction will address this issue since a lot of large horse trailer use that intersection.

Jan is making a trip to Tulsa today to pick up her trailer from Sundowner and maybe she can get on here this evening and give us and update on the work on the intersection.

Thanks for the heads up Davie!
default_yes.gif
:

For the PtHA World Show last month, we found a very good alternative to be to exit onto Harvard off of I 44. It is one mile west of Yale. Found it to be a better street than Yale anyway, and I will likely go that way from now on, construction or not!
default_smile.png

Back