For Mary Lou

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
"Hopefully" I can get this posted. I'm going through severe LB Forum withdrawl..my fingers shake, my vision is blurred, I have a headache and my heart is palpitating...
default_wink.png
: seriously though....I know we all are frustrated and and no one more so than our own ML.

I wondered...remember Caroline's $3 crusade to help CMHR? Why can't we do the same thing for Mary Lou to help afford the updates? I can't imagine the costs involoved in doing this for her but I imagine it is a huge expense. OK, I know many buy banners, ad space, and such and that "helps" but I feel that we could, maybe this one time, do more to help a place we call home. I miss coming here with my morning tea, lunch, supper, before bed, any other random time :new_shocked: cuz I can't log in or it won't come up, or it hiccups and dies.

How about a $5 crusade to help Mary Lou update our forum? I figure with all the members we have here (and there are ALOT of us) at $5 a piece that'll come to a pretty nice chunck a change? This forum, this site, is a precious gift for us to share and while I am sure it gives ML great pleasure to see it grow like a child, it also costs like a growing child and gives troubles like one to boot. Can we do this? If ML has a PayPal acct it would be so easy to send that little $5.

If anyone else has ideas please fire away, tho I think an auction or sale just takes too long and is so much work, this is simple and easy! Checks could be sent directly to ML marked "for forum".

BTW did you ever scroll down to the bottom of the main page and see this:

Our members have made a total of 402531 posts

We have 4374 registered members

IF 1/2 of those members participated in this drive (so to speak) it would equal $10, 935, now realistically probably only 1/2 of that might co-operate and that would equal $5, 465 Now that would be helpful wouldn't it? That's about 1,000+ members helping out. Now being really realistic, say 500 members, plus or minus, are really active and would put in $5 each....that would be around $2500. Even that would help maybe?

If I am out of line just slap me up and I'll hush. :saludando:

I think it's a great idea. :aktion033:

I will certainly participate. I have don't have a farm, so banners and ad space would not be something I would use. But I will certainly donate $5.00 toward this wonderful meeting place. Super Easy if Paypal is used.

I'm in! :saludando:

Count me in, but someone will have to tell me how to send to Paypal. I think this is a great idea. :aktion033: Thanks for bringing it up. This has to be a huge expense to Mary Lou even with ads and banners etc. I think a lot of people will help.
default_smile.png
Lets go for it.

I think it's a great idea :aktion033:

Hope this will help Mary Lou and wanted to add, I think she might appreciate $1.00, $2.00 if $5.00 is too much for anyone at this time but also those who really have the money and benefit from sales etc from the forum might want to add a whole lot more. I would guess that any amount would help toward the cause.
default_yes.gif
: Mary

I play Sims2 and I have so many downloads from 2 free sites. They have a campaign drive like this 2 or 3 a year, and since I can't play without the downloads I'm always the first in line to give. I would do the same here. :aktion033:

:risa8: :risa8: I just love it when I can use this banana man!! :bgrin

This all sounds great!!

This is such a great site and pretty much one of my favorite places "to be"! I love the information, conversation and pictures. PLUS, it is a great place to advertise and so reasonable, too, when you consider how many people see your ad. Plus while right at their computer so they can click to your site -- how many times have I seen print ad and thougth I'd like to look at their website and then never do remember to do so... I appreciate so much this as a place to share and a place to advertise.

Aww gee Mary Lou, I'll pout a bit. So many of us are just small farms and to buy a banner for say "me" with only 2 horses is really not helpful to me and maybe others. I just figured maybe those who could would like to help you. I figure this has to cost quite a bit and some $1, $2, $3, or $5 donations would make "us" feel like we are contributing when we can't afford $42 for a banner. Just a thought and I am glad you are working it out, I honestly don't know how you manage it all! :lol:

I am sorry everyone, I really prefer you not just give me money - lets do that sort of thing for someone that really needs the money

Mary Lou i would have been happy to donate $5 but in light of your post, i am off to paypal the $5 i would have sent to you to Nikki (iluvwalkers) as additional help for Petunia's vet bill... i know it will be astronomical! so thank you for all you do, and i will note that this $5 contribution is made possible by Mary Lou and the lilbeginnings website!!!
default_wub.png
: and nikki, NO ARGUING! Mary Lou said, SEE ABOVE, for someone that really needs the money, and between your accident, the sick fillies that weren't even yours, and Petunia's long recovery... you know you qualify!! now smile and say "thank you Mary Lou"
default_wink.png
:

Its going to feel weird the first time i type in www.miniaturehorsetalk.com instead of lilbeginnings.com/forum.

Well im all ready for my contribution. Maybe i can find something to advertize on here ..hmmmm. Off to think
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back