Foaling Camera advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAminiatures

Reaction score
I am shopping for a foaling camera set up for my barn. Can you share the types, likes, dislikes, and must haves for a foaling camera set up.

I would like a wireless camera set up for a wooden barn. Black and white vs. Color? Audio or no audio?

I know this has been on this forum many times but you are the experts and I would rather get your feedback now than have to send it back because I didn't ask the right questions.

Thanks

Last year I bought one off :modedit: (Mention of this website is forbidden on the Forum. Please refer to the Forum Rules and Etiquette Page.)

The lady is great to work with, it comes with everything you need, she will walk you throught the set up and she will customize it if you need something specific. and the camera is one of the cheapest I could find.

I would highly recommend it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Having used cams for many years my experience has honestly been that higher priced cams and wireless do not work as well as a cheap wired cam you get from Sams, Walmart or Radio Shack.

Last year I even tried one of those 500.00 color wireless that was guaranteed to work on a metal barn. Nope didnt work and had to return it. Or I should say it just worked off and on.

Problem is there is way too much inside your home that will interfere with the wireless signal (microwaves, cell phones, tv's, cordless phones)

After all this time our most dependable clearest picture is out little cam we got for 49.00

Our barn is very close to the house but we still have no luck with wireless.

For some additional information about cameras, check out the "Best of the Miniature Horese Forum". There is a posting about them on there. It might answer some of your questions too.

The link is here: CAMERA INFO

We have one of the color cameras from Harbor Freight. It's a corded system, but it uses telephone wire that you can easily add length to. The picture is great! You won't find a better price either...........they're $35 to $40!!!!!

Pam

Im not sure how many mares you are watching or anything but I went from watching one mare at a time to having 3 due at once. This meant my system that I had wasn't going to work. I completely ordered a brand new system and have had it installed for about three weeks now and it's working great. My barn has three foaling stalls and is roughly 100' from the house so I chose a wired system for better reliability.

• FOUR BLACK/WHITE WIDE ANGLE CAMERAS (comes as a set) http://www.provantag...4p~7SCTL01T.htm -- $35
  • QUAD PROCESSOR :modedit:(Mention of this website is forbidden on the Forum. Please refer to the Forum Rules and Etiquette Page.) /VideoSecu-Office-Security-Splitter-Processor/dp/B00108HEKK"
    ] -- $70
  • 6 PACK RCA/BNC CONNECTORS (hook up the cameras to the processor)

]FOUR 50ft CABLES FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL CAMERAS TO BE RUN TO THE PROCESSOR () -- $35
  • FOUR FEMALE TO FEMALE 3 RCA COUPLERS () -- $3
All in all (for everything included below) I paid roughly $145 and I feel that it is quite a good deal. Everything has came together lovely and has been working perfectly. I especially love the cameras - they were cheap but the clarity and view with their wide angled lenses are great!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the quad system from Harbor Freight. Color cameras with infared. The multi unit is set up in the barn and one cable run to the house to the computer (for internet streaming)

It was simple to set up and worked great.

Latest posts

Back