Fly Masks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dianne 1

Reaction score
Do you all use fly masks on your minis? If so, is there one brand that fits their little heads better than others? I use Crusaders for my big horses and they have lasted forever, but not sure if they will fit the little guys very well.

Farnam just came out with mini fly masks that are terrific!

Liz R.

We use them if the flies get bad and the boys spend more time flicking them off than grazing. I have Kingsenton (not sure of the spelling) masks that fit pretty well, but I sure would love to be able to find the Farnam Fly Masks for Minis somewhere. My QH always had a Farnam mask and they were wonderful.

We have a couple Farnam ones (I think that's the brand) that we use on the apps since they don't have the pigmentation around their eyes to reflect the sunlight.. My mom actually found a pattern for fly masks and if we can find the right stuff, we're going to try and make our own
default_smile.png

If you don't need them with ears, the Mini one that Farnam came out with is GREAT! It's the best fitting fly mask I've found and is very adjustable. I've got a mare who has really sensitve eyes and has trouble adjusting from dark to light, so she wears a fly mask all year when she's out to pasture. The Farnam mask has been the one I am most happy with. Just wish they'd come out with one with ears now too for summer!!

~Jen~

I love Farnam masks. I was so happy to find one to fit my mini! All of my horses have their own. My mother even needlepointed their names onto them. Cheesy, I know, but stinking cute, too. And it makes it so easy to keep track of them all.

Do you all use fly masks on your minis? If so, is there one brand that fits their little heads better than others? I use Crusaders for my big horses and they have lasted forever, but not sure if they will fit the little guys very well.
Cashel, the maker of the Crusader fly mask, makes a mini size that I LOVE! The fit is great and the same quality as the big horse masks.
default_yes.gif
Any Cashel dealer should be able to order them for you.

I used to sell some really good fitting ones but I don't anymore.

Latest posts

Back