Flabys Supreme RIP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictoriaG

Reaction score
Just anouncing to the miniature world that Supreme passed away Saturday from a choke. We discovered he was in trouble at 7:45 am and over the course of the day with two vets onsite we worked on him trying to dislodge the mass. We had a scope in him looking at a mass of hay stuck in his little throat and tried moving it to no avail. I made the decision at 2:00 pm to put him to sleep. He died gently and quietly the way he lived his life.

I still have difficulty two days later dealing with the idea i will never feel him pressing his head against my leg looking for scratches. He was my constant paddock companion my little shadow. I loved him with all my heart. I do have two other minis but you cannot replace you can only love.

All of you out there that have foals from my little boy, please give them a hug.

RIP Supreme my little love.

He was one of the great beauties. I'm SO very sorry you lost your beloved boy. I know it was hard for you to let him go but it was the most loving thing you could do for him. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

I'm so sorry
default_sad.png

So sorry to read you have lost him, you have my sympathy.

If your precious horse is the Supreme I remember from years back, he was a good one. Choke can be a hard case, I know you suffered along with him. Been there, know how you must miss him. Hugs.

So sorry for your loss. Choke is a diffult thing to deal with and sometimes can't be "fixed" as you know. Hugs to you and all that loved him. He was a piece of history.

He was a prince, gentle and a bit of a nerd. Always correct in the way he acted, never a "bad boy". Although i retired him when i took possession of him a couple of years ago I never found the need to "quiet" him by gelding. He was a true gentleman. It took almost 6 months to get him bonded, he was not used to hugs and cuddles. Once he totally understood I just wanted to be a bud he became my shadow. He was the favorate at the barn and everyone misses him.

Sending you our condolences......We know how hard it is. I still get tearful over losing our Raider.

I keep leaking. But i just got the preliminary post and it looks like, without surgery, we would not have been able to move the obstruction. The obstruction was about 4 inches long and hard, must have been devloping all night. Poor little man. Looking forward to thinking about him and being able to smile and talk without hitching.

Oh my deepest sympathy to you and all who loved him. Those of us who allow ourselves to love an animal know they will leave us one dayand our heart will be broken but still we let them into our hearts and are richer for it. May your pain lessen quickly and your memories of him bring great comfort and many smiles.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Supreme was truly before his time - a wonderful example of what the popular Arenosa line could do for the minis, well before it was trendy. I've had the pleasure of owning two Supreme get and still own his son Challenger who is 18 this year and as spirited as ever. I also own a granddaughter and three great-granddaughters and their spirit, athleticism and fierce loyalty endear you to them instantly, which I know from many of the people that handled and owned Supreme is what made him so magnetic as well. What a terrible loss to the industry as a whole, and to you personally, but thank you for giving him the adoring final home that he deserved. Godspeed Supreme.

Sorry to hear such sad news x

Back