Fire at Little King

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the news last night and again this morning looking for updates on the 2nd fireman, there were more reports, but none on him. I sure wish him the best, and especially prayers for the family of the fireman that was lost, and for all of those who have suffered from the fire. Family means so much, and I am sure as a family the Eberths will get through this.

OMG I can't believe that this story was true! My mom was watching the local news yesterday and she said something about a fire at Little King in IN, and she was asking me if that was the farm I went to this summer. Sure enough it was. Glad the family is ok, will be praying for the firemans family.

Oh, what a nightmare everyone has been through. When I heard, I was dumbfounded to say the least.

So glad the Eberths made it out, but what sorrow it must be for the two firefighters and their families. Also, for the Eberths, having lost irreplaceable memories, photos and the like, not even counting the hardships they will face in the immediate future. Just so glad it didn't spread to the barn as well, as I know they are too.

Hoping someone in the know will post the mailing address for the two firefighters to help their families in their time of need, so those of us who are want to, can donate. Every little bit will help, no matter the amount of the donation. The mini horse community amazes me, and pulls together when something like this happens. All of you, helped me during Katrina, and I just want to be able to pass it on so to speak.

God bless all concerned.

May God bless all the brave firefighters and peace be with the one injured and the one killed and his family, we will hold them in our prayers.

We are so thankful the Eberth's, their family, workers and all their beautiful horses are o.k.

We were just visiting there less than two weeks ago and it is such a beautiful farm and they are such nice folks. So sad for them....

May God Bless all that were invloved. Let us know if there is anything we can do here on the forum.

You are in our prayers.

Shelley<><

What a tragedy! My husband and most of the men in his family were either volunteer or paid firemen and the loss of a fireman is always upsetting. Prayers cerrtainly for his wife and family. Also for the injured fireman. For all at Little King sorry for your loss. House can be replaced but the physical memories lost in most cases cannot. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png
:

Oh I am so sorry for this trajedy! I cannot even begin to imagine what everyone involved is going thru and the life lost of that brave firefighter. When I read this thread which I just found today, and saw the reports and news clippings, I got knots in my stomach. Such a trajedy...I am so sorry. I am thankful that the family and the horses are ok.

What a tragedy indeed. I had just received an email Tuesday night from Marianne saying she knew a shipper that could pick up my purchases from Oktoberfest on Wednesday morning. I couldn't make the timing work on my end, and in retrospect, I'm sure they were in no shape to deal with loading horses the next morning. I cannot even imagine the emotional shock and feelings of devastation that everybody at LKF must be going through, not to mention the loss of the firefighter, Greg Cloud, and the grief of his wife and family. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved to find the strength and courage to carry on.
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any updates on this, all sorts of rumours are starting to circulate about it being started deliberately.

Any links to news updates would be gratefully received so I can stamp on rumour at source!!!

My heart goes out to the firefighters family, and to the Eberths, words cannot suffice at a time like this, I am sure there is a memorial fund, but could we maybe do something of our own, as a Miniature Horse thankyou???

Jane, I believe it to be just that, a rumor.

Our local news station did a small thing on it again last night and the report ended with,

"Investigators have yet to determine the cause of the fire"

I thought I would let you know,,,,,,our local news (Indianapolis) has reported that the 2nd fireman, the one injured, has been released from the hospital after surgery to repair his ankle (it was broke as he fell through the 2nd story floor to the 1st story) and he is doing as well as to be expected.

Keep all of them in your thoughts.

Thanks for the updates, continuing to keep them all in our prayers...

I would like to add my prayers for the Eberth family, the firemen, and the lost fireman Greg. I only found out today since I have not been on the web this week. I was shocked when I heard the news.

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

I talked to Tara (of ReitenWorks.com) this morning who lives just across the fields from LK. Her boyfriend was a very good friend of the fireman who died and the entire town is just devestated. They had a memorial service last night (Saturday) with over 1,000 in attendance. As far as she knows they have not yet determined what started the fire. She did say that LK is working with both registries to get their paperwork back up to speed and that they are coping as well as can be expected.

I was visiting family in El Paso when this happened, and was shocked to read about it. I just want to add my sincere concern for John and all the rest of the Eberth family and of course for Greg and his family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back