Fire at Little King

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very sorry for the loss of the firefighters life and for the one fighting for his life...they both are in my prayers along with their families. Such a tradgedy to have happened. So glad to hear everyone got out of the house, it could have been even worse. God Bless all that were involved.

OMG, What a horrible tradgedy. Prayers and thoughts going out to everyone involved. I am so grateful the fire didnt spread to the barn, and that the Eberths are safe. Material things can be replaced like everyone has said. Corinne

As a Fireman's daughter, our hearts go out to all families involved in this tragedy. Will keep them lifted in our prayers.

First - I want all to know how thankful we all are for your prayers. We are very devastated with the loss of the firefighter- Greg Cloud went to school with us kids and he is related to my niece-Mariah- on her mother's side. This is very very upsetting to our family. We are looking ino a donation fund for his family and/or fire house. All is lost- not just material things, but all our horse records etc. We have nothing as far as registration papers, pictures, breeding records, guarantees etc. Plus my father's businesses that were in the office in the house. Let alone all the memories lost.

Again- thank you for your thoughts and prayers- please keep Greg's family in them. We are grateful for his courage- I just wish there was something left to show for his efforts.

Robin-LKF
OMG! :new_shocked: :no: Robin I am so sorry! I was also one that got a link to an article as I hadnt been on the computer all day. So I had to log on and find out what happened!

My heart goes out to the firefighters family for their loss :no: I will also pray for the firefighter who is in the hospital.

If you can keep us updated!

Can someone pin this so it does not get lost?

(((HUGS)))

Jeri

How awful....Tim and I are sending prayers for Greg Cloud's family and the folks at LKF. After 20yrs of Tim being a fireman...I was relieved when he retired from that line of work. I watched the video of the fire with such a sick feeling...pray for strength and a new beginning for all. May God Bless.

Connie & Tim

My prayers go out to all involved. I cant even begin to imagine what all of you are going through.

Kay

Im so sorry to hear this, i wish i could help out but im 5hrs away. Prayors will deffently be sent out to you all and good thoughts as you all recover from this.

God Bless,

Leeana

Marianne, Ed, Robin, Brian and crew,

Rick and I are so sorry for the fire. We are more thankful that you both are fine and well. We know how much love and time went into building that beautiful home and how many memories are there. We have some really nice memories of staying there and hanging out with you all. We are so sorry for the loss. Also prayers for the lost firefighter and his family. We are fortunate that there are loyal people who are willing to take on such a tough job.

God must have a wonderful plan for you. For every window that closes another one opens. Something I learned personally with my accident.

God bless you and you already know if you need anything we are ALWAYS there for you. Remember Rick is a handy guy and loves you just as much as I do. Heck we need a vacation
default_smile.png
It is too cold up here in Wisconsin. And Shawn just added you need a strong teenager to help with cleanup he's your boy.

Love ya. Please call if you need anything.

Rick and Kitty

Last edited by a moderator:
i keep thinking about all everyone at little king is going thru in this horrible tragedy. I do think I will purchase one of those small fire proof safes for all my business and animal papers. To have to go through this is bad enough and then to have to worry about all the business papers and horse papers too is just too much stress added on top. A lesson learned for me for sure!

I am so, so sorry to hear about the fire and the loss of the firefighter. :no: :no: If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to ask. No matter how big or small, we will help in whatever way we can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just dumbstruck reading all of this. I am so very sorry for all of the loss that has occured because of this fire. My prayers go out to Greg Cloud and his wife as well as his firefighter family. My prayers also to the Eberth family for strength to pull through this and rebuild all of the dreams that have been damaged today.

May God Bless you all and keep you safe!

To Robin and family,

First off I am so glad you are all safe. A fire is devastating...to say the least. I learned this myself a year ago when I lost my home, along with everything in it, to a fire. I am still trying to get paperwork replaced and replace records, etc. since the registries were not workable when it came to fees. But, I am grateful to have the horses safe and sound to do all that paperwork for! I now have a HUGE respect for the firefighters, and their families, and what they do to protect us...mostly people they do not even know. I saw for myself them sitting on the driveway in utter exhaustion, only to get back up and start all over when the fire would flair up again. They pulled me out of the house when I charged in to get my cats (my dogs were at the barn at the time) and made a promise to find my cats for me. And they delivered on that promise while they put their lives in danger. In the end there was nothing left at all, but I am grateful we all were able to just walk away. Now my boyfriend, who lives in Wyoming, is a volunteer firefighterin the summer, and goes on a lot of those big wildfires you see on TV in the western U.S. It is very very scary to know anything can happen at any time. I know you are all devastated that someone lost their life and another now fights for his. I am so glad all of you and your horses are ok...but it makes me very sad to hear that someone lost their life doing something they are all too underpaid for...and as was mentioned, don't have the benefits for their families that they should. Robin, God Bless ya'll and know that you have a huge amount of people who are praying for ya'll...and for your friend who lost his life and his family.

Bobbi Kay Bowen

Star Struck Miniatures & American Shetlands

www.StarStruckMiniatures.com

I'm so sorry for your loss, just can't begin to imagine the task ahead. Your family will be in our prayers.

Jan

OMG! :new_shocked: I am so sorry to hear this devestating news! Thank God that everyone made it out of the house....but I can't stop thinking about that poor fireman who died, and his Chief who is in the hospital.
default_sad.png

There are many lives that have been affected by this tragedy..........reminds us all to count our blessings every day!

I pray the Eberth family will pull together & get thru this with the help of their many friends.
default_yes.gif
:

I am heartbroke for the firefighter and for the Eberths with such a tragic loss. I can't imagine that sick feeling they must have and I sure hope they get through this. This must be soooo hard. I pray that they make it throught his and in the end they can get everything and more back. I wish there was somthing I could do to help them get all the papers back. I would just love to do the paper work for them!!! I could do that all day long....

I don't know the Eberths very well (just know Robin through e-mail and have talked to John and Melinda) and they are all just soooooo nice. They are so genorus and answer my million questions and send all the pictures I ask for, I just wish there was somthing I could do in return. Someday I would love to own one of there horses...

Good luck to everyone involved with this. I am just thanking god that none of the horses were injured and the Eberths are okay. My heart goes out and breaks for the people who lost there dear beloved familymember/friend. He's a hero in my eyes.

Gage

OMG I was in shock when I heard this news. I just purchased my new stallion from Lk about a month ago and had the pleasure of having many conversations with Robin and even talked to Marianne. Very nice people. And so helpful in answering my MANY questions also.

Prayers for all at LK Farm and for the firefighters families. May their hearts heal from this devastating tragedy. God Bless.

Sherrie

What horrible news. So unforunate to hear of this young man's death and the other hospitalized fire fighter. Our prayers will be for them and for the Eberths. So very sorry Robin. What a sad loss of your family's personal and business records. My prayers go out to your parents too.

I am so very sorry. I just got on and read the horrible news. So unforunate to hear of this young man's death and the other hospitalized fire fighter. My prayers go out to Eberths and the family and friends of the firefighters.

Robin

I am glad the Eberths and horses are ok. I will be praying for them and especially the fire fighters and their families.

Latest posts

Back