Finished our planters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
We had a nice weekend and worked on our planters and put up our new farm sign. (horse logo by Janine)

It was a family effort. Dan dug the plant holes, I planted the shrubbery, and Hus put up the sign

and built the rock planters. True to form, Dan and I engaged in a dirt throwing fight and Hus jumped in dumping water on us. It felt soooo good to have us together doing stuff as a family and actually sharing a few laughs.

I wanted shrubs that would not go bare and loose their leaves in winter, so I got a bunch of stuff

in the evergreen family.

I have two dwarf silver arborvitae on each side of the sign.

Behind the white pony is Steeds Japanese Holly. It grows in a pyramid form and will bloom little white flowers in spring.

On both sides of the pony is Ever Red Sunset Loropetalum which blooms dark burgundy.

Then there are two dwarf holly plants that get red berries.

And in the front is Firepower Nandina, my favorite. I love these because the leaves change colors and in the

winter become bright red and gets red berries in the summer.

I added dark red mulch and some solar lights that were on sale at Walmart.

I'm very happy with how this turned out for a bunch of beginners.

There is plenty of room for me to add flowers or bulbs later on.

I can't wait to add some pumpkins, mums, and harvest decorations this fall, and for Christmas I'll be having a blast with lights and more decorations.

Entrancefront1.jpg

A night time view with a couple of solar lights

Entrancefrontnight.jpg

Back entrance to the barn

This planter has that plant in the middle and I forgot it's name..... :eek:

then two boxwoods,

two firepower nandinas

Plenty of room left there too for pumpkins!

Thanks for looking

Backentrance.jpg

oh, it all looks fabulous, great choices! i especially love solar lights, i have them all over the place.

Marty the family did a wonderful job! It looks great. Want to come out to NM and do some landscaping?

default_wub.png
: What a joy to see...so much love in all you do Marty..makes me want to pull up a chair at the barn and "sit a while"
default_yes.gif
:

Lovely!

Maxine

These turned out perfect!! You all did such a great job :aktion033: and also inspire me to start a new fall project :bgrin

Marty, It look GREAT
default_yes.gif
: When did you say you were coming up to visit me?? I could have everything here that you would need to make my entrance so pretty. I love solar lights we have them all around our yard and barn area too. Where did you get your sign made? I really could use a new one BAD. Corinne

Thank you! I'm enjoying looking at it. I've always wanted some nice landscaping and really surprised it turned out pretty good for us beginners. I've also always wanted a garden and now I can't wait to plant some flowers in it for spring and plants some bulbs and see if anything will really grow for me.

The sign was made at a local sign shop.

I designed what I had in mind on my computer and they copied it. It took them about two weeks to make it.

The old sign was falling down. I made it about 10 years ago. I'm not a real sign person, but up here, it's important to have so people can find you easily. I found that out the hard way when my mom needed parmedics and they drove all over the place looking for us wasting precious time.

It looks great. I need a little help around here, do ya wanta come up and lend a hand?

I could even find some mud for ya if I have to. :new_shocked:

Hey Lady!

I was going to email you and see if you got your sign finished. I'm so happy for you. It was such a blessing to be able to create on your logo for you. I'm so glad you liked it. Your sign and landscaping look fantastic! Super duper job!! I'm very impressed!! You rock girl!!

By the way...does Jerry have "his special pony" on a sign yet????
default_wink.png
:

Big Hugs to ya'll... :saludando:

Janine

Can I add the picture of your sign to my website portfolio?

Everything looks really nice.

I can't remember the name of the yellow plant either, but now I call it the only plant in my yard that the deer love. They ate it all.
default_sad.png

Kim

Latest posts

Back