Don't suppose anyone else is thinking about Christmas in July???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Of course I am! You know I'm thinking about Christmas 365 days a year and yes I do still play Christmas music, at least one or two songs a day.
default_aktion033.gif

Our local business association stopped by and wondered why Hus and I didn't participate in the 4th of July parade. I was planning on Amy and I decorating the Rover for it but between this terrible heat wave and fireworks terrifying her, it wasn't going to be good for either of us so we scratched.
default_no.gif

Now I am planning our CHRISTMAS FLOAT! I AM IN MY GLORY!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

It is going to be both for our family flooring business and my tack business. I am so excited as its going to be a FAMILY project which is what has me really excited. I love anything where I can involve the whole family unit together. Amy and I are going to be driving the Rover and pulling Hus' work trailer and its going to be decorated to the hilt! I'm decorating the Rover dump bed with a horse theme for my business and the trailer will have a general Christmas theme and a really pretty one. I've been brain storming with Heidi (Little Ribbie) and we have got serious ideas going on. I've got it all drawn out already.
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

When I notified Hus he was going to be in the parade on board the trailer he didn't even flinch or grumble.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Dan the boom boom stereo king is in charge of the lighting and electric stuff and rigging up all the special effects and music and making a power source for it. He's going to ride his wheeler with us and his girlfriend will ride her horse if they allow horses this year and I can totally deck out her gelding, she has no idea of my capibilites that way. lol

I'm also getting started thinking of some little Christmas gifts right now maybe something I can make. Not a big crafter or a big spender at all so I'm thinking of making Christmas grapevine wreaths when Hus' grapes croak out. Suggestions are welcome for something easy and fun.
default_488.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Anyone else have Christmas on the brain?

Woohoo I love Christmas! Too bad we are so far apart. Id have a blast with you Marty!
default_yes.gif

I am!
default_new_multi.gif

I'm already making plans for decorating the barn, & the dog house. My husband thinks I'm crazy.
default_biggrin.png

I've also been buying dog treats all year when they go on sale to give as gifts for my boarding clients. The cubbard is getting full already, my husband was trying to find something earlier & was complaining because of all the dog treats in the way.
default_rolleyes.gif

OH yes by all means get that barn decked out. This will be our third year for our LB Barn decorating contest don't forget!

That reminds me I had better start scareing up some prizes for that event.
default_firstprize.gif

I started my Christmas shopping two months ago! :D I love Christmas!

Andrea

Christmas is really the only holiday I get excited about! Rachel has already given me some ideas--and I start a list so I don't forget. Just today she mentioned a certain kind of shampoo would make a great stocking stuffer. I bet Justin and Jenny will only need gift cards/money due to being newlyweds by then (wedding is in 10 days!). I, too, listen to Christmas music all year long--Point of Grace--the best CDs ever for Christmas!

I wanna see this float, Marty! Maybe you should take photos as it grows.
default_yes.gif

WOW Marty. I hope someone gets video of the parade. I would love to see it. Yeah to bad you are to far away. That would be so awesome to watch.

I think, maybe just maybe I will have to decorate the barn and enter in the contest. Kinda hard when the wind blows constantly. But I think it will be so fun. And now with a heated office in the barn, I will at least be able to get warm.

We dont decorate the outside of our house for holidays, as our houses ( Marlene and Mine ) can not be viewed from the main road. So will use everything I have to do the barn.

Everyone here will be able to see it. WHOO HOO.

I love Christmas too, but it seems to come earlier and earlier each year....I used to decorate to the hilt but now just put up a tree...Don't have Christmas at our home anymore...House is too small for the 5 girls/spouses and all the grandchildren(12)...One of the girls always hosts it...So I don't have to decorate as I used too...Makes it easier on this old body!

That sounds like fun Marty! I'll look forward to seeing your decorations,I have a Rover too so will love seeing what you do with it!! I adore the Christmas season as well but have to admit in the last few years I've gotten lazy about getting all the decorations up..since I hate to have to take them down and put them away!

I LOVE Christmas!!!!!
default_risa8.gif
I already got a few gifts.
default_new_multi.gif
I always keep an eye open for little things for everybody.

Oh Darn it....I forgot to put the Rover Christmas decor in your envelope...you just reminded me. Drats.
default_doh.gif
Will get it out to you this week.

Im hoping to at least decorate the barn this year for the contest. With just hubby and myself and hardly being at home during Christmas I no longer do any decorations in the house. But I have a ton of Christmas catering events that I need to brain storm about...I hate to do the same things so Im always looking thru magazines and event planning sites for new ideas. For some reason this year Im really leaning towards light light blue, white and silver. Im usually such a traditionalist and end up sticking with the red and green.

Marty your house must be a hoot....watching Jaws 1 thru 3 AND having Christmas Carols playing in the background!!

Marty, you KNOW better then to think I wouldnt be thinking of Christmas.
yes.gif
I think CHRISTMAS every day out of the year, and wondering what I can come up with that will be differant THIS year. I am just about done christmas shopping, so many of our craft shops and speciality stores have christmas in July, it was easy to do my shopping! I even bought myself a early x-mas gift, its a hand carved large wood goose,...he made himself right at home on my dining room table.

I cant wait to see "rover" all decked out for the parade. I bet your going to be a big hit..and we know Amy will be.

I wish there was a way I could improvise christmas at the fall produce store. But, kind of hard with pumpkins, gords, corn stocks, ciders, apples and syrups...Oh well....

Latest posts

Back