Finding Lost Papers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhineStone

Reaction score
How hard is it to find lost papers? A friend of mine has a mare that was rescued by the previous owner. The person they rescued her from said she had AMHR papers under the name of Peppermint Patty, but they can't find them. Is it possible to track papers with the color of the horse and year of birthdate, or does the researcher need more info?

It's not a crisis as the mare and her foal are not being shown AMHR, but it would be nice to know her background.

How hard is it to find lost papers? A friend of mine has a mare that was rescued by the previous owner. The person they rescued her from said she had AMHR papers under the name of Peppermint Patty, but they can't find them. Is it possible to track papers with the color of the horse and year of birthdate, or does the researcher need more info?

It's not a crisis as the mare and her foal are not being shown AMHR, but it would be nice to know her background.

I don't have an AMHR studbook subscription (YET, I REALLY need to get one...) but I"m sure someone will be happy to look her up for you. As long as that is her full registered name, they ought to be able to tell you what color she's reg as (not that colors are always accurate...) and who the current recorded owner is. Then you can try to find that person's contact info and see if it's the same horse. If it is, you can ask them if they'll help you get her papers.

I sent a photo of a horse to AMHA with the original owner's name. They were kind enough to find out about him. The owner couldn't even remember his name or how old he was. But AMHA found him. They had to research it in their spare time, so it took a while. But it was fun to know. Working with the original owners, we even got new papers. They (the owners) were a little difficult, but we persevered and it worked out.

No plans to show the horse, but I just felt he deserved to have his papers.

All we have is that my friend was told that Kandy was foaled in Wisconsin in early May of 2000 and AMHR registered under the name "Peppermint Patti". She believes the name "Kandy" came from her original owner, so maybe that's somewhere in her registered name. Her sire was supposedly a black pinto in the 36-38" range. Kandy was sold in an estate sale when she was 1 or 2 years old, along with the rest of the farm's herd, and that's when the paperwork got lost.

She is a 36.5" black pinto, and I have photos of her.

I don't know how big of a production it is to find a needle in a haystack like this, but just like Marsha said, it would be nice to give the mare an identity.

It looks like there are about 25 horses registered with AMHR named Peppermint Patti.

If you can describe all of her markings I might be able to narrow the list. Did you say the year she was born?

Just finished looking there are 2 blk and white pinto mares born in 2000 registered in the B division. One was born in May. You would have to take registration type pictures and send them into AMHR and list the possible registration numbers and see if they match.

I just looked at every possible spelling for all size horses and none fit your mares description, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kandy is a black pinto with two front coronets, left hind stocking over the hock, and right rear sock to ankle. She has a white "saddle" over her withers to mid back, and a white streak in the middle of her crest. Her tail is mixed with a white spot from near her tail head to below the point of buttock on the left side. No facial markings. They think she was born in May 2000.

You all can get this info from the Studbook?
new_shocked.gif
I haven't had a reason to have a subscription, since we don't breed.

Thanks for everybody's help,

Myrna

Latest posts

Back