Finally !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad for mini's

Reaction score
Just warm enough to do head and necks only but I love what I found so far ! My little 3 year old mare Phoebe after her first clip, she just may be going to the shows this year. She is around 28 " . And my 2 year old gelding Caspian, he didn't turn out too bad either but he still has some maturing to do. Please excuse the rough clip job on him, I didn't realize how hard clipping white horses can be !
default_wacko.png

forum-3.jpg

forum2-7.jpg

forum-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both cuties! When I got to the last photo I was very surprised. Your gelding looks like a gelding I have been showing and working with. Their heads have the same shape and eye color with a "look at me" expression. The only difference is, Boo, the horse I work with, has more brown on his face. Is Caspian a pintaloosa?

Thanks ! Clipping is the best part of spring, it's like Christmas and unwrapping presents !

MiniDashofBlue : Caspian is a palomino overo pinto, no appy at all in him. I wish all of him were more of that golden brown, in the summer he gets so light you can hardly tell he is palomino.

Either way he still really reminds me of Boo. Also from what you have said, we have been wondering if Boo is a pinto with extreme sabino roaning or something. Your little mare's head is adorable, too, and screams, SHOW ME!!!

When I first saw the title to this post I thought " it is???? where?" HAHA! I have clipped a few heads and neck too - now if we could just shut off the water and get warm and stay that way we could do the rest of them!

Pretty horses.
default_smile.png

LOL
default_laugh.png
Connie, I agree ! Enough with the water works ! I was afraid that clipping would jinks us and bring on a cold snap but so far it hasn't been too bad, just not warm enough to do a full clip.

Latest posts

Back