Finally! We are in NC and back on line!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelridge

Reaction score
OMG! I never ever want to move again! If I ever DO have to, I hope its only across the road!

I must say, moving a small farm 2 states away takes a LOT of planning, it took us almost a year!

But we made it and so far we love it up here. We finally have internet service! YAY!

If any of you remember, I had asked about transporting a pregnant mare up to NC from FL

I got many good opinions and thought about it all very carefully and on the advice from my vet we went ahead and hauled her all the way up here, checking her at every gas and potty stop and stopping for 30 minutes so she could relax. She foaled on April 10th at 321 DAYS! A gorgeous black appy colt. No problems and a quick and easy delivery. I almost did not put her halter monitor on her becuase she was only testing 2 out of 5 on the milk test strips, but I said to myself, no, I need to put this halter on becuase she is in a new place and everything is different,, (this mare had always been previously easy to detect going into labor and would have a full bursting bag full of colostrum, NOT this time! But her milk came in within and hour and he was up and nursing in the same time frame.

Now we just have to finish fencing and get the barn built.

Its been SO long since I have been on here,, it will take me FOREVER to read all the back pages and catch up on everything. But its great to be back

Oh, and pix included!

Angie

Buckspotted5-1-06100.jpg

Buckspotted5-1-06031.jpg

Buckspotted5-1-06082.jpg

Welcome to North Carolina, can't wait until you are ready for visitors, finally someone new in our neighborhood. And congrats on the colt, what a colorful boy.

Angie ~ welcome! Are you glad you're out of the Hurricane State? We sure are - we moved up from Bradenton in September, 2003. Make sure your farm doesn't have any fescue grass. We found out we have it after our little Goober was born. It can sure complicate matters for broodmares and foals.

Congratulations on your new addition - what a looker! Wow!

Welcome to the neighborhood. Can't wait to meet you. :saludando: When you get caught up give us a pm. We would love to meet you and introduce you to members of our East Coast Miniature Horse Club. Your colt is stunning. :new_shocked: :new_shocked: Maryann

Thanks ya'll, yes I am VERY glad to be out of the hurricane state!!!

And I look forward to meeting all the mini folks in NC soon.

And as soon as I get everything settled in, I hope to join the ECMHC and start having some fun!

Hi Angie-

Congrats on your move - know it's a great feeling to have it over with.

We're in the process of selling our house so we can complete our move to Tennessee - just spent a few days with Tam & Dan of Amazing Grace - boy, I hated to come home. I'm dreading all the hassle, but once it's over - YIPPEE!!!

Hope to see you at some shows in NC & TN soon!

Barbie

Hey there you are! Glad you made it in one peace! I'm sure you are going to love it a lot better than Florida, atleast your horses will. Hey, have you walked barefoot yet? NO SANDSPURS!!!!!!!! That was the first thing I did when I got here and the next thing I did was to sit down and play in REAL DIRT! Wow, no sand. And how about the horses........REAL GRASS!

I must say, moving a small farm 2 states away takes a LOT of planning, it took us almost a year!

Yea you and me both and Tam and Barbie now we're landlocked but we'll have to overcome that one.

Where in NC, we just moved to Upstate SC from the Plant City area. Glad your move went well. Gorgeous colt.

Karen

Great news and what a classy fella! Congratulations on everything.

Welcome to North Carolina. I am glad that you got moved finally. The ECMHC is a great club and you will love it. Aubrey

No Marty, I have not gone barefoot yet! I never thought about it!! I will do that tomorrow!! LOL!

I havent seen any fire ants either,, I have heard they are here, but not every 10 feet like in FL.

Jetiki, we are not far from you at all! We are in Shelby! How far is that from ya'll? about 30 minutes maybe? Wow there are a lot of NC members!

Angie

Welcome to NC! You'll find a bunch of friendly mini farms scattered around. We're not too far...down the road in Statesville. Glad the move went well and WOW...your little guy is a LOOKER!
default_smile.png

Angie,

It is so good to see you back again and I am so glad your mare foaled just fine, and what a knockout beautiful colt :)

Susan O.

I'm in Gaffney, so yea probably about 30 mins if that, I'm off 85 at exit 92

Karen

Congratulations on a successful move and an adorable foal.

So now - are you in NC or in FL?? I am confused -- your signature line and webpages say FL - but I THINK you are just now in NC!

Whereever -- glad your move went well.

JJay

Hey, Angie !!!

I wondered if ya'll had gotten settled in yet. Your colt is beautiful. Hope to see you at an ECMHC meeting before too long. Many of the club members will be at the show in Fletcher June 30th- July 2nd.

I'm not too far from Shelby - let me know if ya'll need any help.

Justine

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back