Finally Some Good News - New Filly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
Last Wednesday night (the 13th--go figure) we delivered a foal with some serious issues. Despite ongoing efforts to keep the baby comfortable, the prognosis is not good. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and have basically been functioning on auto-pilot. I have one mare due in two weeks, and I have been watching her like a hawk (albeit a very tired hawk). Wednesday night I brought her in, checked her bag and nothing--no other signs either--not even a little bit of weight shifting. I think she's another one that's in it for the long haul. One of her pasture mates was due in a month, so I've started checking her too and she had started to puff up just a little. I told Mo we'd have to start bringing her in this weekend, then went home to get my customary four hours of sleep. At the crack of dawn the next morning, I ran my usual check on our special needs foal, then looked out the window to see this in the front run:

dynagoldie.jpg

After many sleepless nights, my first healthy foal of the season was dried off, fully upright, and ready to greet me Thursday morning. Believe it or not, she was a month early (307 days). At this point, I'm just elated that she's healthy, though I find myself checking on her constantly. Her sire is a mere 28.5" so the legs were certainly a surprise. If you've gotten this far in the post, thanks for bearing with me, this filly has been a blessing in so many ways. Without further ado, here's a couple more pics of Rock Rivers Aerodynamic aka "Dyna":

dynastretch.jpg

dynarun.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! I hope everyone else's foaling season has been flawless.
default_saludando.gif

Congrats, she is nice looking girl. Glad all went well for you with this one!!

Oh she's sweet! Congratulations!!!
default_wub.png

Our mares foal at 307 days often (it's normal for many mini mares
default_smile.png
)

I'm so happy for you!

I hope your other baby makes it {{{hugs}}}

Tiffany,

So sorry to hear you are havig a lot of difficult foaling this year and glad to see you have a healthy live filly!!!

These mares can be so sneaky!

Congratulations on your pretty, and healthy filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I hope that your other baby turns the corner for the better.
default_pray.gif
:pray Good luck and I hope that the rest of your year is smooth sailing!
default_luck.gif

Barb

What a nice filly u got!!! She is lovely. Best wishes for your problem foal.

Congratulations on your filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah She's beautiful!
default_wub.png
I'm sorry to hear your other foal isn't doing well.
default_no.gif
Saying some prayers.
default_pray.gif
:pray

Congratulations on a beautiful new filly and I am also so sorry for your troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your pretty filly! Sending good thoughts your other foal continues to improve.

Congrats on your beautiful HEALTHY baby girl
default_smile.png
)

If they sneak one on ya.. that is the way to do it
default_smile.png
)

Hope the othere baby improves.

~Sandy

Thanks so much everybody for the compliments, and also for the consolation. I will say I'm really glad I finally got a camera set up this year. After many easy foaling seasons "false sense of security" is a phrase that's come up a lot lately, but despite everything that's happened I know if the first two births hadn't been assisted things would have been worse. I'm still counting my blessings.
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
:wub Congratulations on your new healthy gorgeous filly!!!!! Praying for a miracle on the other baby!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back