Finally have time to stop and post -- Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
What a hectic week since getting home on Sunday, have not even had a chance to catch my breath until now. Had a new Great Granddaughter born on Tuesday and then I've been frantically trying to get the Auction catalogue ready for tomorrows auction in Chickasa.

Had a great group of folks stalling with Rosa Roca Training--along with myself, Tea Cup Miniatures (teacup), Donna Terry, Leesa Conley, and the LaMunyons. Got to see lots of friend that we have not seen since last year. Learn that Teacup's husband is a Champion BBQ competitor and sample his out of this world Brisket--Dave, you can cook for us anytime.

Pat's young 4 yr old client Marisa did extremely well in her first Nationals and placed 5th in Showmanship, 2nd in Youth Costume, and I believe 7th in Leadline. She was so excited and did such a great job for her first year showing.

The Amateur classes where extremely large and full of top quality entries in which I would have been proud to take any of them home--as if I needed any more.

Leesa Conley (Daystar) who lost King just days before Nationals had a good show with her pride and joy gelding "VEGAS" and placed in several classes. Her stallion Just Enuf Chrome did not perform as he has in years past in Liberty, but her new (soon to be gelding) colt, Buckeye WCF Classical American took 7th in a very large "over" Liberty class (first time to show Liberty) and 7th with his full sister in Produce of Dam.

As for me Nationals was enjoyable and I had a few bright spots.

I picked up my new filly Buckeye WCF Classical Margarita who is so much like her brother Classical American. She had only been weaned a couple of weeks. She was such a trooper and showed her heart out in all her classes, but of course she was one of the youngest (4 months old) and competiting against all the junior fillies in amateur and very large Open and Color classes. The judges did give her a lot of consideration and I received a lot of wonderful comments on the filly. She and her brother did place 7th in Produce of Dam for Buckeye WCF Kewpies Rose.

Everyone I took did very well in their classes, quality was extremely deep and we saw the gate with a lot of wonderful horses. The driving classes were exceptional deep in quality and the future of driving is going to continue to improve. A couple of my driving horses are still very green and was very happy with their performances.

I was so very proud of Michigans Remington Steel as I'd only had him about 3 weeks (qualified by his former owner) and we (Pat and I) were still learning the ropes on how to work with him. Thank you to Bruce Abbott who was so kind to help us learn to handle Remmie and to get him to show to his best advantage. Next year will be better and hope to have him driving.

Leesa and I did finally find our 3rd entry for the Get of Sire class for King Lee, but had to go about it a little differently. Getitia had brought several of her foals to show and sell. I had tried to talk my best friend (King's owner) into buying a colt that Getitia had on her website that was showing but it was just too soon after the loss of King. I got to see him in his Futurity class where he placed 8th and just loved his style and presence. Just before he went into his Open class I had decided to see if it might be possible to bring him home with me so off to talk with Getitia I went--still hesitating on getting him. Well when he was named Res Champion Weanling Gelding, 30-32" I met Getitia at the gate and said "SOLD". He then joined the trio for Get of Sire. We were on the final placings but just out of the ribbons so felt very good considering the depth with 17 entries in the class.

Once I get this auction over with it will be time to let the horses be horses for the winter and give the youngsters time to grow up and take it easy until training season begins in early spring.

I can't say enough to Lenard Davenport and his office staff--they kept me sane and on track. To Sharon and Sam at the back gate for running a smooth operation and keeping us all in the right class. One BIG THANK YOU to Mark who makes our show what it is--long days and short nights and all the fun funky music when we are so tired we can hardly stand up to keep us energized and ready to go a little longer. According to Lenard our entires were within +/-2% of last year, all but 15 stall were taken, we had more entries per horse than ever and revenues were up.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who come home with Top Tens and to everyone who came, had a good show and are ready to go again next year. If the quality of the entries was any indication of the future of industry -- it is stong and will continue for years to come.

SEE EVERYONE NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Wow Davie, it sounds like you and everyone had a wonderful, busy time! It was good to get a hug and talk to you a few minutes!

I finally got to meet Getitia and she's a sweetheart!
default_yes.gif

Please tell Bev that I send her many {{{{Hugs}}}}

Hi Davie -- it was great to see you & actually visit together again -- emailing is not just quite the same.

We had a wonderful time -- many top ten placings -- all the horses we took except our yearling came home with several top ten ribbons & stake ribbons as well so we had a good show & are very proud of our horses, and of the job everyone did of showing them.

Dianne had fun in the roadster class-- it was the first time she had showed in the ring in a driving class with her dad -- so she enjoyed it very much.

We are thinking this will be our last National show -- it is so much work & such a long trip & John is not so young any more ( I'm no spring chicken either LOL ) BUT -- you never know -- our friends going with us made a tremendous difference since they shared the driving.

We are off to a local fair tomorrow -- so John was clipping all day today -- no rest for the weary & we sure are still weary.

Congrats to everyone on thier placings.

I loved your new filly & that was a mighty nice colt I saw you lading at the end of the show.

Keep in touch TTYL>

Latest posts

Back