Finally getting going this season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
After what has been a very long winter, I have finally been able to start driving this year. I have driven Buck to the Hyperbike twice so far. The first time I was just going to work on harness fit after I cleaned it all this winter. But I brought the 'Bike out just in case LOL...Buck whinnied when he saw I was bring out "his" gear so i said ok, what the heck. He did a nice job.

This past Friday I was able to get him out again, though Wish really thought it was HER turn. She stood at the gate pawing a root and undid the electric fence piece that also runs across my gate. Normally if she know we are just going to lunge or something, she just does her own thing. But now it seems this year, if I am taking them out to work them and we are going to drive, then Miss Wish feels they should have my time split evenly. These ponies are too smart.

Anyway, I was working on getting the balance on my seat reset and tweaking my harness. I think I will use a marker to mark where I like the seat with him, in case it gets moved. I let my 6 yr old son take some pix so I could see where I wanted to make some harness adjustments when we were done. So here are some pix from our session....excuse the odd clip job. I hacked off some hair to help them cope with the odd weather we have been having.

I had ordered leather reins over the winter for my "bike shorter than my other reins, but never thought about where they'd be spliced....it just so happens that where the leather is joined is right where I want to hold! UGGGG...well, they will be nice for using with my other carts.

I am also thinking about getting a saddle with a sliding back band.

396296521.jpg

396296522.jpg

Usually I braid his forelock...this day I forgot my rubberband...tried to just tuck it, but he repoofed quickly...he's a hairy little creature these days.

396296523.jpg

Angie

Great job! sounds like fun.

Well you're one up on me
default_wacko.png
I finially got to ground drive Jelly Bean just yesterday! She did real well considering she had the last 4 months off! A couple of more times with the GD tune up and we'll hitch the HyperBike and go to it
default_aktion033.gif

It's been sooo windy and rainy this spring that on nice days all I have time for is storm clean up!

Lots of wind and rain here too, and not very warm. I really look forward to seeing pix of everyone out there driving their horses this year.

This section of the forum has really grown
default_smile.png

Looking good! I love your little guy! Is he a silver bay roan? That is a bummer about your reins, but you may find that gives you a "landmark" for your hands if you can get used to it. I have stops built into my reins for that reason.

Hi Amy,

Yes, Buckers is silver bay roan. I can't wait to see how he looks all slick this summer. He is developing a nice bod, better than I expected him to look. I think it is the lunge work over the last year. Now once he gets back in driving shape this summer he should be a little firecracker.

Amy new pix of your hunk Esprit?

Angie

Latest posts

Back