Finally Found a Great Farrier!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I got my fillies at the beginning of June. The owner's trimmed their hooves the day before I picked them up. So...eight weeks later I needed someone to do their feet again, of course. I was going to give it a shot myself since I've seen it done hundreds of times but I still wasn't too keen on the idea. So I get this guy in the area to do it. When I told him on the phone that I was looking for a good farrier he said, "What's that?"! That was my first red alert! So he came and did them. He was so rough! He also said it, "...was just like doing sheep!!!" :new_shocked: Ummmm...a bit different type of foot there, bud! My one nervous one was a basket case and, hence, he did a half-butt job. The other one wasn't much better. So...my search continued for the next time. It's so hard to find a good farrier around here. The girl at the feed store said that she had found an awesome farrier and he was very close. I called him the next day and he said he'd be out the my way the day after. Well...not only did he come but he was on time!!!!! He was knowlegable, intelligent, kind to the girls and did an excellent job!!!! Lexus -the nervous one- made a liar out of me; she stood like she was a 10 year old that had seen and done it all. She is excellent for me, and so that's why I was thinking of doing them myself -I could have done a much better job than the previous "farrier". This one had "the touch". She just watched him do his work and was like, "What? Why are you so surprised?". What a difference a kind, experienced, gentle hand does. Yay :bgrin

Latest posts

Back