Fetal Doppler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsites

Reaction score
Will a fetal doppler detect the fetal heart beat in miniature horses? Anyone tried? If so which one works or does not work? I talked to a tec. person at Babybeats dopplers and he said they know of vets that use it for dogs and cats but not sure about miniature horses. He did recomend the 2 mhz probe.

LOL I never thought about a fetal doppler!

I don't know if it would work on a mini, but I did use one to listen to my kiddos' heartbeats when I was pregnant with each of them. Pretty cool!

I do a lot of ultrasounds on minis. I have an internal and external probe. I suspect the doppler would not be strong enough to make it to the baby's heart. Those suckers move around so much that is sometimes hard to get the heartbeat with the ultrasound. I've gotten some good views of the heart with the exteranal probe. For either the doppler or external probe, you would need to clip the hair. Be interesting to know if anyone does use the fetal doppler.

Latest posts

Back