Feeding Vit E supplement to Weanling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseMom

Reaction score
This morning I was at the farm and one of the workers was complimenting me on how great my stallion's coat is. So shiny and healthy. Jay is on a Vitamin E and Selenium supplement. I add this too all my horses feeds since the North East is very Vit E deficient. This worker went on to say that I really should think about putting Dru, my weanling, on the same supplement. I was going to eventually put her on it, but once she got older. I figured that she would be too young for any supplements, but now I am curious. Is she too young?

I have her on a pound of Omolene 300 a day (she's a big girl at 4 months old). And of course she gets hay twice a day. Currently she's not out grazing with the herd since I just moved the horses there. She'll be out with them next week.

Why would she be too young? We give all of our newborns a Vitamin E and Selenium SHOT. And the feed they and their mothers eat all have it included.

Back