Feeding Charts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Horse Acres

Reaction score
Ok, When I was a Freshman in College......a while ago......I took some Ag classes and we created feeding charts for horses. They were AWESOME. The chart looked at the horse activity the horse size and gave you the amount of each type of nurishment that the horse would need. So much types of proteins....so much types of roughouge....All sorts of things. I pulled these out couple weeks ago and was trying to adjust the charts for my miniatures....I kept coming up with zeros. As I know that a miniature HAS to eat (as mine think they need to be eating 24/7!!) I know this is not correct. I am in the middle of changing thier feedings and was really hoping to have something like this to work through. Has anyone ever seen or has anything like this? And it may be that the ones I have are good for Mini's and I am just totally doing it wrong but I lost patience with mine.

Thanks!

Diana

Sounds like it's a matter of percentages. So if the value of the big horse is 1,300#, and the mini is 300, then the percentage of the mini to the big is 30% (300 divided by 1,300). If you are feeding 2 pounds, the easier thing to do is convert it to ounces. 16 ounces in a pound, 2 pounds = 32 ounces. 30% of 32 ounces is 9.6 ounces, or a little over half a pound. make sense?

I don't have a way to scan at home. I will play with them some more this weekend and if still not working will take them to work and see if I can get them scanned. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back