Favorite Bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are quite a few of my favorites on other lists here, but I'll have to add a few of my favorites that I didn't see mentioned:

Nighthawk/Redboy

Sierra Dawn Uno De Mayo

Jr's Chocolate Chip/Sligo Little Stormy

Bit O Hot Shot

Grosshill EK Creation/Egyptian King

Dream Merchant

There are some bloodlines I like to see in a pedigree and some I shy away from. Mostly I find pedigrees just explain why I'm looking at a nice horse not where to find one. A nice horse is a nice horse - look for those. You'll find you own favorites. There are some great bloodlines that are not very well known or as well marketed as others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that you have to "like" the horse that's in front of you ..conformation, personality, etc. My stallion has Orion in his background and he's great but if I could I'ver always thought I'd like to have a Boozer After Dark daughter to cross with him. That bloodline seems to have a lot of movement and I adore performance horses.

ruffian said:
Performance Rhoten's Little Dandy.
default_yes.gif
I've got a grandson and while I've seen better I think he's going to be something!

The ones that always catch my eye are Nighthawk get and Scout breeding. Scott Creek breeds some really consistent, typey, nice horses.
default_wub.png
Most horses from Mountain Meadows are outstanding as well.

Leia

I love Shadow Oaks top Banana and the Running Bare horses, also luv the look of Alliance I'm Cinsational too!

KOMOKOS LITTLE KING SUPREME

Out of 7 horses I own, 4 have King Supreme lines up close in their pedigree

including my stallion LK Sentra Supreme who is a own son with x2 crosses

Others include:

Night Hawk

Mountain Medows (Prince)

Buckeroo

Toyland

Rhotens Little Dandy

Gold Melody Boy

Michigan

Rowdy