Farrier

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Linda,

I would imagine if YOU were my farrier, I'd be happy with you doing my minis but as it is, I'm happy my husband and I do them. I don't doubt that you are considerate of your clients and do all you can to keep appointments. When I had issues with farriers, it was not showing up, not calling... or calling when they are an hour late to say they can't come. Or showing up to do 10 horses and having time to do only 5. That is for the birds. I'm sure there are stock brokers out there who don't keep appts as well as I do, just as there are farriers out there who don't keep their clients as happy as you do
default_smile.png

Please know I didn't mean anything personal towards you or how you treat your clients. Heard nothing but good in that department. But, I do also know what works for us and believe me, neither H nor I were excited to take on doing the minis ourselves but it turned out to be a good thing all around.

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Jill I do teach any client who wants to learn how to trim. I figure its easier on both of us having a knowledgeable owner and so much better for the horse to boot. I'm sorry if you thought I thought it was personal. I know its not it just ticks me off when a farrier misses one appt so someone has to make a big deal out of it on the forum. I guess I'm in a bad mood because lately I've had a few "winners" in the client dept. Guess I'll be making up a "short list" if they don't straighten up. Linda

Well put Linda. I'm very happy with my farrier and also had no problems with my past farriers. All have been on time or called to say they were on the way and will be a bit late. My farrier has a 2 hour drive and we have a regular route that she does when she is in the area. We've tried to make it worth her drive over to do more than just one farms horses. Keep up the good work Linda :aktion033: :aktion033:

Actually Jill I do teach any client who wants to learn how to trim. I figure its easier on both of us having a knowledgeable owner and so much better for the horse to boot. I'm sorry if you thought I thought it was personal. I know its not it just ticks me off when a farrier misses one appt so someone has to make a big deal out of it on the forum. I guess I'm in a bad mood because lately I've had a few "winners" in the client dept. Guess I'll be making up a "short list" if they don't straighten up. Linda
I understand
default_smile.png
A lot of people think when the market's down, that's my fault
default_wink.png
: Just knowing how some horse people are, I think it takes someone with A LOT of patience to do what you do and deal with the people part of it... let alone the horse behavior issues. And, it was a good farrier like you who actually helped teach H and I. If took awhile to find one who I liked, did a good job, and was very good w/ appointments but like I said -- minis are back busters and he just really could not (and we could).

Latest posts

Back