Farmers/Breeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of well known names here with many repeats!

One day, i know my name will be here!
default_wink.png

Royal View Farm - Maine

Funny Farm - Maine

Love our little guys and would love to thank both farms/breeders for them!
default_wub.png

We have bought from many nice farms too.

Galloping G

Mini Go Rounds

D'Armands Littlest Angels (now dispersed)

DSF Farms

Cadle Creeks

Gum Branch

Moss Grove

Sunwoods

Several individuals that were no longer breeding also.

The four I have all came from Oatmeal Acre in Michigan. There I found beautiful horses and a very good friend
default_smile.png

My two all time favorites to buy from are Buckeye WCF and Baxters Painted Pastures. We also love our horses from Michigan and Oatmeal Acres.

I stayed local with all of mine : ) Not "big name" breeders (yet), but I love all of the horses I've gotten - their personalities and performance ability are fantastic.

So, here they are

D&W (Wilmer Jensen, MN - now deceased) - bought my mare from an auction when he was selling out

Lazy Creek Minis (Taylor Van Roekel, Iowa)

And of course, my favorites (since 3 of mine came from them!)

Bondes Bouncin B Acres, Brookings SD - Brad and Machelle not only sold me some great horses, they have been incredible support and help as I've started into the "mini world"!

We have been blessed with a lot of success in the showring with horses from several farms, but our top horses came from one farm.

I have a World and National Champion stallion, RHA Mercury Rising from Rocking Horse Acres in MD and I have a National Champion Jr Stallion Over/ National Reserve Grand Champion stallion over, RHA Splash Of Curry, again from Rocking Horse Acres. I have a gelding in training now that we think will do very well this year, or so we hope, RHA Wardances Dr Zhivago, see the pattern LOL yes from Rocking Horse Acres.

We have also bought several from Ravenwood in NC, Whispering Hill in NC, and Little King. I had a couple of awesome Lucky Four horses but we didn't buy from there, would love to one day though. And two incredible mares from Honeysuckle Knoll (not in business anymore, sad to say). We have also had wonderful horses to show from Lucky Trails in NC.

I've purchased horses from the following farms....

Moss Grove, Faith Farms, Pine Ridge Minis, Willow Creek Farm, D'armond, Ranger Creek, Hallmark Miniatures, Aloha Acres Training Center, Marystown Miniatures, Tibbs Family Miniatures, Lilac Lane, Mountain Meadows, Little King, Bar B Ranch, Alamo Miniatures, Wisteria, Seahorse and Star Struck

About half or more of our mares came from Erica's Tiny Trotters here in Ar.

Roan Ranger daughter and Redboy daughter are from SG miniatures in TN

Lass is from Zephyr woods in WI

Also have 3 other mares from smaller farms here in AR and LA.

Bare is from Cross Country farms here in AR

Sky is from Okie Blue Sky farms in OK and he was bred at Flying W farms

King is from Little America miniatures in TX

Rowdy was from a smaller farm in LA

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry not really what you asked but I haven't been able to buy any horses from America yet but if (or rather when) I can I would love to go to:

Triple K Miniatures

Erica's Tiny Trotters

Ravenloft Miniatures

Sandy Oaks-my stallion Memphis. He had not been there long. He was my first mini and my Christmas present. Sherry was kind enough to deliver him.-

Lauralees-a few mares purchased when she went out of business

Rodeo Ranch-my mare Choctaw. It was not actually a purchase. Traded trailer for horse.

The rest are home grown.

Purchased my very first miniature from:

Willow Roc (KS)

Second mini from:

Painted Fox Ponies(MI)

And my third mini from:

Reflections (OK)

All are fantastic people who I would buy from again in a heart beat!

Horses I currently own:

A miniature gelding from Jason Prince (Excaliber training in Illinois)

A miniature gelding from a private owner in OH, that she just got from Pura Vida Ranch in CO, and was bred by Zarzuela miniatures in CA. He was a stud when we got him.

A shetland/miniature colt from RHA in Maryland that will soon be a gelding.

A miniature colt from Beals in Ohio that we had gelded

I also had a grade mini gelding (outgrew his A papers, but was never hard shipped R) that I started out with. He was from private owners, never saw his old papers to know who he was bred by.

Seeing a pattern with me and geldings? lol

hey has anyone brought from Nakar?

I have bought two from Karen. One was a filly that she bred & is now owned by a friend and the other was a tiny mare named Merlot that was bred by a lady that no longer breeds. She is just about 28" and a Hoot!

Over the years I have gotten horses from small breeders, but occasionally more well-known farms.

Same here, Kim! I don't think I have purchased horses from many well-known breeders, but here is my short list anyway (I'm not including farms of the horses I have sold in this list - this is just for the horses I currently own):

- Hot Water Farm (MO)

- Fikes (ND)

- Double KA (Ont. CAN)

- Bar Bar E (WY)

- Bended Knee (UT)

- Oak Bay Acres (OR)

- Silver Leaf Farm (TX)

- Iowna Lil Bitty Farm (TX)

Same here, Kim! I don't think I have purchased horses from many well-known breeders, but here is my short list anyway (I'm not including farms of the horses I have sold in this list - this is just for the horses I currently own):

- Hot Water Farm (MO)

- Fikes (ND)

- Double KA (Ont. CAN)

- Bar Bar E (WY)
Knew I forgot one, I have a mare from Fikes.

Edited to add, I forgot another... Can't believe I missed this one, nearly half my herd came from... Squires Montana Miniatures (formerly Dot and Lin's); Dot is a great mentor and has become a wonderful friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will start with my most recent. I just bought 4 awsome horses from Quintessa farms! That includes Quintessa Tributes Vecchio!

Before that was Ravenloft farm where I got Ravenlofts Buckaroo Standing Ovation.

I got Wizard from Critter Creek

I got some very nice mares from Half Measures ranch

I have bought from Samis Lil Horse Ranch

My memory is starting to get a little hazy now, but I got my first mini from Pam Brown at Pee Wee farms.

Most of the places are here in California, but I have had a few shipped.

My minis...

rescued the first two from a neighbor

made multiple purchases from Mary Ann Bartkewich here in Manitoba--really great lady to deal with!

also bought a couple mares from Tracy Conrad of Country Lane Miniatures

bought 2 from an individual who was selling off her last two

Any other sellers I prefer to forget about & not mention

My ponies...

first one came from Cindy Leeper of Valley View Miniatures in South Dakota (I credit her with getting me hooked on ponies!)

one came from Leah Johnson in TX

My others have all come from (or through) Lewella Tembreull at Platte Ridge in MN. Two of those are perhaps going to qualify as Minis..Lewella is just my favorite person to deal with. She is the one person whose word I will take when she tells me what a pony or horse looks like--she knows what I like and sees the horses the way I do, so if she tells me the pony has a good hip or that one doesn't have the tailset I like, I know she is right.

Latest posts

Back