Farm Websites - Who builds them?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie Ballard

Reaction score
I'd love to get some feedback from different forum members on who does their website for their farm.

Are they reliable, make changes in reasonable amount of time, affordable....site runs reliably.

Thanks for your input..."show us your site"

Two things....I'm looking for someone to takeover the Mid-America Miniature Horse Club (MAMHC) website. AND...my Cherokee Stables website.

Both sites are built with Microsoft Front Page which is outdated, software is no longer supported by Microsoft...hasent been for years...but muttled along able to add/change things.

Now..most hosts are saying they cannot guarantee a FP website will run properly and remain stable.

Time constraints with our engraving and glass etching keeps me from having time to learn new software...heck just too busy to think of doing it! LOL SO...looking for someone to do them for us.

MAMHC needs to hire someone that committee chairmen can email their updates such as upcoming shows, new members, breeder list, photos, youth updates. I've done the site for years...updates are periodic...not a continous feed of info, so it isnt hard to keep up with them. Busiest time is around February when get the calendar of events, new year membership list and breeders list.

Take a look at what it is like now...just needs to be more modern, fresh www.mamhc.com

Thanks! ENJOY this gorgeous fall weather! Connie

I do my own, this way there isn't anyone that I am annoying with photo changes or editing typos and such. If you want to know the software and provider info pm me. I am very happy with the user friendly software, still needs some insight to use but much easier than some I have come across.

I know Kelly from Hear About Miniatures does a nice job, SHe did White tail's site in Maryland (and her own site of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been with equine obcession forever and never had a problem. I choose my colors, backgrounds and whatever I want and boom its done, but if you don't know what you need, just leave it up to them and you won't be disappointed. Just go to the testimonial page which says it all.

http://www.equineobsession.com/

I do my own too. My son helped me set it up and over the years I have change the layout now and then. I like that I can do my own updating.

I maintain my own website and have for a decade or so -- www.whinny4me.com

It's hosted by Earthlink and I've never known it to be down. I pay about $20/month for it. I know others do it for less, but Earthlink has done a good job and I'm just not motivated enough to shop it around.

It works out good for me to maintain it myself because I don't have to wait on anyone to update it and I do like "fooling" with the site and tweaking it now and then
smile.gif

For my business, though, I use a professional designer and they host it for me. Over the years, I've used a variety of providers that cater to people who do what I do for a living. Currently, my business site is being re-designed and should be up and going in a week or so.

I have designed many websites. You can see some of my work here..

http://harlequinfarmsgypsyhorses.com/

http://mistyvalleygypsycobs.com/

http://cornerstonefarmgypsyhorses.com/

http://cornerstonefarmgypsyhorses.com/QuarterHorses.html

http://elizabethdeleo.com/

I design everything from scratch and do not use pre-made templates. I do not do Flash sites however. I have done political, kennel, genealogy, antiques and other sites in the past. I work exclusively with Successful Hosting, as I have found them to be the most reliable hosting service, with the least down time.

Sometimes, clients don't really know what they want, so I will offer many designs for them to see. Sometimes, they like the design but wish for a different border or background and I'll work with them on that.

Updates are always done within 24 hours and most within 12, unless it is something involving a great deal of work.

Drop me an email if you'd like to discuss a site and I'd be happy to send you some ideas.

Lizzie

My husband Gary does our website (www.ontargetminiatures.com and he also does the website for the Northeast Miniature Horse Club (http://www.northeastminis.org/. Both sites are hosted by Apollo Hosting under the same fee, which also covered my profitable business (as opposed to the minis!) until I realized I didn't need a website for that any more. I am not sure how many sites are covered for about $200 a year, but at least three. Gary does the Northeast Club site as a volunteer, something you might want to consider trying for. I know that another Club we belong to, the New England Pinto Horse Association http://www.nepinto.com/ pays someone to do their site but it is a lot more complex.

Mona...does mine has for years, she does wonderful work and she is very prompt. You can check out my website..if you looking for things done right in a timely manner Mona's your girl..
default_yes.gif

I'd love to get some feedback from different forum members on who does their website for their farm.

Are they reliable, make changes in reasonable amount of time, affordable....site runs reliably.

Thanks for your input..."show us your site"

Two things....I'm looking for someone to takeover the Mid-America Miniature Horse Club (MAMHC) website. AND...my Cherokee Stables website.

Both sites are built with Microsoft Front Page which is outdated, software is no longer supported by Microsoft...hasent been for years...but muttled along able to add/change things.

Now..most hosts are saying they cannot guarantee a FP website will run properly and remain stable.

Time constraints with our engraving and glass etching keeps me from having time to learn new software...heck just too busy to think of doing it! LOL SO...looking for someone to do them for us.

MAMHC needs to hire someone that committee chairmen can email their updates such as upcoming shows, new members, breeder list, photos, youth updates. I've done the site for years...updates are periodic...not a continous feed of info, so it isnt hard to keep up with them. Busiest time is around February when get the calendar of events, new year membership list and breeders list.

Take a look at what it is like now...just needs to be more modern, fresh www.mamhc.com

Thanks! ENJOY this gorgeous fall weather! Connie
We just love our easysite! We are always adding new pictures and changing backgrounds. See it here www.easysite.com/djzfarm

I love my site: www.peakviewminis.com

Gena Brown of Stable Lane Design created it, but she has stopped doing websites. Debby Bowen of Bowen Design is maintaining it and I am sure she can do just as good a job as Gena.

Take a look at mine and I think you'll be impressed. Updates are very quickly done - thanks Debby!

We did our own years ago, but it was disorganized and just not good enough. Jean Barnhill took it over for me, cleaned it up and maintains it and does a great job for a reasonable price.

Jan

I have done my own site since 2005 using freewebs.com and I pay the extra money for the added space and my own domain name which runs me $70.00 a year for both services. Its easy to use and to add pages plus the editing involved is pretty basic.

I worked on my website today with changing things around and added the Nationals pictures to the site....plus we have bought another Modern Shetland Show pony today that needed added to my shetlands page with pictures & details about him plus we had sold a few since coming home from Nationals so they got taken off the "Sales Page". Uploading pictures on my site I use PhotoBucket to do the editing and its really easy, it just takes some time and isn't too bad if you don't have anything interrupting you while on the computer.

I like to keep things updated as thing change because anything I hate worse is to go on someones site and see that it hasn't been updated in a year.

I have done mine thru Freewebs and also do the Heartland club site volunteering on it also thru Freewebs. It is about 49.00 a year per site but I am still learning on what all I can do on it. Had a few glitches here and there but usually when they update stuff but it is fun.

Well, I can't say enough about Jean Barnhill. She's done my site for several years now, is extremely easy to work with -- and she is very timely and reasonable.
She double checks everything, and makes sure you're happy BEFORE you EVER see a bill! And what I like, is that I can ask a question and get a true answer from a friend -- not someone just earning a dollar!
I agree with everything posted above, we have used Jean for several years and I have no complaints at all. Take a look at my site also:

www.minihfarm.com

I also do my site for my horses and a site for my artist designed bears. I also so our local SPCA site. I don't use any web composers, I do all straight HTML so I find it easy to do quick updates. I am unable to work outside the home due to my health so my web design works helps out around here. I love doing them!! Here are some of my sites.

Painted Meadows Miniatures

Lanctot's Loveables Teddy Bears

Peace River SPCA

Red's Boerboels

Good luck with your sites!! I think you will win with anyone you choose!!

Back