Farm Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkle

Reaction score
Just wondering...
default_unsure.png
:

a friend and I were talking the other day about farm names...

some sound pretty, some sound playful, some sound majestic...are they based on your favorite horse? kids? family? scenery? memory?

How did you choose your farm name???
default_wacko.png
:

default_yes.gif
: Mine was a no brainer,Bridge Pathway Farm, My spiritual group is the Bridge so the rest was easy.

Mine is for how good it makes me feel when I call one of my horses' names and the horse whinnies back to me... so "Whinny For Me Farm" :bgrin

Well.. I had hunters and jumpers before I got into minis and worked as a groom/rider under a great trainer at a pretty big barn. I was always telling them how the minis were much tougher then they looked and really could do quite a bit..

Somehow from that came Ruff N Tuff Miniatures

Mine is Sunset Ridge. I chose it because when I first moved here, I used to just marvel at the gorgeous sunsets up here (I still do.) We live on top of a 500 foot bluff, I can see the Mississippi River from here, the sun goes down that way and reflects off of the river, so being on the bluff, here it's known as a Ridge. Hence the name, Sunset Ridge!

Jerry and I couldn't get over how the minis don't seem to be afraid of anything around here like the quarter horses would spook and freak over the least little thing, therefore they are "Brave" and instead of "trotters" they "prance" .....Brave Little Prancers

"Short & Sweet Mini's" Was my husbands idea really. He started out like Marty's, kinda grumpy and not to keen on the mini's. They have won him over tho. The name says it all.
default_yes.gif
:

Kavelbel Miniatures

Kavelman is our last name and bel stands for part of our Village name / Belmore Village.

:saludando:

Crickette... hmmm. I dont really know how this came about. Farm - because I have more then just minis

So I am Crickette Farm Miniatures

My parents ranch is Luna Nueva Ranch

www.lunanuevaranch.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to raise AQHAs...for roping/barrel racing/etc. Well, I seemed to have a knack for flying off of the horses...which is why we ended up getting into the minis
default_wink.png
: ...so Flyin' G Farm was because of me having issues staying on the horses...it just kind of stuck with us even after we completely switched over to miniatures.

Tracy

well my name is will and my last name starts with a g...so we came up with G Willikers Miniatures...i thought it was cute and playful.

I got my farm name from when I showed and bred Appaloosas. Indians would walk behind their horses to stalk game during a full moon-Stalking Moon Ranch.

Just wondering...
default_unsure.png
:

a friend and I were talking the other day about farm names...

some sound pretty, some sound playful, some sound majestic...are they based on your favorite horse? kids? family? scenery? memory?

How did you choose your farm name???
default_wacko.png
:

[SIZE=18pt]I still have to register my farm name. But it is Casnos Minis, it is named after my dauhter Cassidy and my son Noah. Since the first 2 minis we started with were for their 2nd and 5th birthdays.[/SIZE]

Christy

LOL, Tracy, I love the reason behind the Flying G. I also like Stalking Moon. Some very cool and original names here!

I suppose my farm name should be "Red Ink Acres". Or "Forever in Debt" Ranch. But it's not. Eclipse Farm came from 3 things; 1) My interest in astronomy, 2) my TB mare's name is Partial Eclipse, and my favorite 3) Eclipse means " to cast in shadow" or "outshine", which is what I hope my breeding program does someday.

Our farm name, Woodwinds, comes from one of the other loves of my life -- playing saxophone on a semi-professional basis.

However, the idea came about at our last home in Portland, Oregon. Our 1/2 acre was surrounded by 100 foot fir trees, and in winter was blasted by the Columbia Gorge winds. We tossed around names involving the wind and the woods...I thought of Woodwinds, but didn't think that would be fair to Keith, who plays guitar. When I suggested it, though, he loved it, and ended up using the name for one of his most beautiful compositions.

When we moved to Scappoose, we brought the name with us.

We did this topic back in October too. It's always interesting. Here was my answer:

Our last name is Strassle (pronounced straw-sul). It’s a very Germanic name so we opted to play with that. By simply adding “in†to the name it takes on different meanings.
strasslein (pronounced straws-line)is the effeminate of the German word strasse (street). Feminine tense is commonly used to denote that something is small, so it loosely translates to: small street.

It can also be applied to mean the same of a Strassle.

So, Strasslein Stables means Little Street Stables or Little Strassle Stables.

My wife believes that it means the Stables where the Female Strassle is the Undisputed Boss.

That’s probably the most factual translation.
Having posted this twice now, if there's someone out there with better German Grammar ( I know mine is bad ) who can offer me some correction, please do.

As it says below: "...aber Ich bist nicht einer Klugmann, gerade der Ställejunge."

Last edited by a moderator:
My farm name is None too Mini farm; being an English teacher, I love to play with words. I like the None to Many and changed it to Mini for the size of horse
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back