Fancy turn out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

There have been several of us who have looked at your post, but I am a bit confused
default_sad.png
are you looking for a loop or hoop? And where does this hoop or loop attach to?

Hi,

There have been several of us who have looked at your post, but I am a bit confused
default_sad.png
are you looking for a loop or hoop? And where does this hoop or loop attach to?

sorry didNot see the typo hehe i am looking for the HOOP that goes under the dress i tried to make one put not good if i could borrow one i could see the measurements and how to make it sorry

My hubby is a big fan of Civil War re-enactments.. and they have various tents set up where they sell hoops and skirts, etc. Is this what you are looking for??

God Bless,

Lynn W

My hubby is a big fan of Civil War re-enactments.. and they have various tents set up where they sell hoops and skirts, etc. Is this what you are looking for??

God Bless,

Lynn W

thank you but NO i am looking for the one that fits over the vicroy for the fancyturn out class

carolcrit,

Again still confused, you say you are trying to make the skirt and looking for a hoop to go under it, but then Lynn says they sell hoops and skirts at the civil war re-enactments, which is a hoop that goes under the skirt.

You say you are looking for one for the viceroy, imo, I think you are talking the same thing here. A hoop for a skirt to wear on the viceroy?

thanks!

Muffntuff,

the hoop it typically made out of wire, it is in a huge half circle, you take off the seat of a 4 wheel viceroy, and make a new seat that is attached to the metal hoop. Then you make a big ole skirt on a dress that fits over the metal hoop. The dress covers the back wheels, it looks as if the girl is wearing a big ole fancy dress. I have pics somewhere I will post when I find it....

Ahhh! SO it is a hoop skirt, but it is used on the viceroy - like the pic on the AMHR website - okay Thanks Jennifer!

Oh Carol - go back to the Journal with the AMHR National results and pics in it, look for the kids that were put in it and look at the farm names, then track those folks down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh! SO it is a hoop skirt, but it is used on the viceroy - like the pic on the AMHR website - okay Thanks Jennifer!

Oh Carol - go back to the Journal with the AMHR National results and pics in it, look for the kids that were put in it and look at the farm names, then track those folks down!

yes my grand kid was one of them but i am not happy with the hoop some people have told me thay have seen a fold up type one sorry for all the problems

I beleive Mary Wahl has been trying to revive the Fancy Turnout and she would be a good person to contact. Her phone number is listed in the Committee section of the 2007 Journals (official pages) under the ASPR Committee.

Latest posts

Back