Fall Fun (Updated with rescue link)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygoose

Reaction score
I let the rescue mini out into the pasture for the first time today. He had a blast! He has come a long way. His mane and tail are almost completely grown out and he is learning how to longe and long line. He is very smart, not afraid of hardly anything, and starting to think that getting petted and loved isn't so bad after all.

100_0741.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0743.jpg

Here is a link to the organization that rescued my little man. Flicka is one of the horses that was rescued with him. There are photos of her at the time of rescue.

http://acheonline.org/index.php?option=com...1&Itemid=31

And the other one

http://acheonline.org/index.php?option=com...58&catid=22

Last edited by a moderator:
We guess him to be about 5. He was rescued with two young big horses that were near death from starvation. One of the big horses had to be picked up on a piece of plywood to be taken to the vet because it couldn't stand. He wasn't in near as bad a shape weight wise. His mane and tail had been eaten off by the other horses and goats. He was also a double cryptorchid, now gelded. He is in his winter wollies now so here is a summer picture that shows his color better.

harryafter001.jpg

harryafter007.jpg

And when I first got him, a month or so after his rescue.

WildHorsesBurros064-1.jpg

WildHorsesBurros058.jpg

Awwww he's looking GREAT!!! I remember when you first got him. Wow what a long way he's come.

Just love him. Thanks for the update.
default_aktion033.gif

Wow! Love his colours!
default_wub.png

Fantastic for you to rescue this gorgeous guy.

Aww! Way to go! He looks fantastic and has obviously come a long way.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks guys.

He really is a special guy with so much personality. I posted a video of him running in from the pasture on another thread. He was very lucky to get rescued. They all were. The two that were rescued with him also made it and were adopted into loving homes.

I hope that he will be a driving horse some day, but if not, he will still have a forever home with me.

What a pretty boy!
default_wub.png
He definitely looks healthy & loved now.....his guardian angel was sure looking out for him when he went to you!
default_yes.gif

For those interested, I added a link to the rescue that Harry was adopted from at the bottom of the OP. I linked to the page that shows one of the horses that was rescued with him and the condition that she was in.

Latest posts

Back