FALL DECORATING ANYONE? Please share!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Yes I am feeling excited about fall! Its always a prelude to holidays to follow so I'm on it! There is a pretty good nip in the air so I guess that is my cue to put my summer clothes away and stop wearing shorts because my kneecaps have been turning red!

I didn't buy anything new this year! Just the same old stuff. I changed it around, added some new fresh bows and raffia, and relied on the help of Mother Nature picking acorns and pinecones to help me out. Nothing expensive, nothing fancy, just stuff placed around. Give me a glue gun and I'll make anything for a decoration around here. Oh! I did get a new candle from Hobby Lobby I forgot about.

This year instead of waxing leaves, I made cheater leaves from a clipart leaf I downloaded and printed out. I laminated them and made a hole with the hole puncher and threaded some raffia so that's how I made some new leafy garlands this year. I have some inside and out and so far so good, they are holding up very wel if you want to try that.

I decorated the kitchen, and living room, and added a couple things on my desk for me to play with in the back room where my desk is known as "the dark hole." I did the outside in the usual places and put a thing or two up at the barn so the horses don't feel left out. I am going to wait a couple of weeks before I get a couple of really good sized pumpkins to carve. We've had so much rain I haven't been to my usual cornfield to get any corn stalks because I didn't feel like getting my truck stuck out there in the mud, but I guess I can live without them. I did use 4 bales of hay that I hated to sacrifice but I figure it was going for a good cause. I still have all sorts of Halloween lights and spooks to add to the scene but I'll wait on that a little while too so for now, this is just our fall stuff.

Anyone else out there have any fall decorations they can share with us!

Anyhow, here's my fall decorations:

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty Those decorations are the bees knees, now you have made me feel guilty because I didn't decorate so I am going to have to do some decorating in a hurry. I have something on the front door because my aunt brought it for me last week but I'll have to do the house and a little something in the barn for next week. It is our Canadian Thanksgiving next weekend and my grandchildren are coming on Saturday
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Wow!!! I'm impressed!

I wish I had the time to do some decorating outside but I don't even have time to get all the weeds out of the flower beds. Do you think I could fool anybody into thinking I put them there for decoration?

I love the video, you are so creative.

Mary

Hey girl..your house looks great. No stones unturned on your mountain thats for sure!! I love all your little displays. I especially loved that big pile of hay in the stall. I wish I could have a spot to put that much hay!! Do you have trick or treaters up on your mountain much. How about Thanksgiving will Dan and his GF be joining you? It all looks great, thanks for showing us

Heidi

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumpkins please, anything!

Just don't feel like dressing up the place for the holidays but I do have some sugar pumpkins, japanese squash, delicata squash and onions in storage.

Fallharvestsept09.jpg

Love it Marty....

I'll see if I can take a few pics to post....your decorations are an inspiration!

Looks awesome Marty makes me wish I could come down for a visit.

All right, all right... Mark did this, not me.
default_laugh.png
He grew them, too.
default_wink.png

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

Here's my contribution: I raise the horses who poop a LOT so Mark can throw some under the Fire Bushes, so they can look like this.
default_biggrin.png

IMG_2442sig.jpg

IMG_2437sig.jpg

Karla....is there anything you and Mark cant grow LOL Even your pumpkins and guords are perfectly colored. Yup...must be the PONY POOP!!

Note to myself: .....Visit Marty at Christmas and head to N.Y in the fall to visit Karla

OH Shari! Can I come play in your storage??????? You must take these gorgeous things out and display them, wow!!!!!!

Barnbum, this is fantastic photography,. you need to really make a nice card out of these.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!

Lets go Hogan!
default_saludando.gif

We grew some pumpkins this year. The seeds came from the pumpkins we carved last year. They started to grow in my walkway so I moved them to the front flower bed cause we sure could use some ground cover. NEVER again. They got WAY out of controll. I guess we will have to plant the seeds around the fruit trees next year. But we got 5 unplaned pumpkins this year. I think we will shoot for a few more next year.
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back