Falebellas anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandora

Reaction score
I just picked up this guy, S STARR SEVEN SIGNOFZODIACFALABELLA. He's a yearling and will be in my show string next year. Can I see other people's Falabellas?

zodiac1.jpg

zodiac2.jpg

IVE GOT A 50% ONE IF THATS ANY GOOD LOOL
default_rolleyes.gif
: :bgrin

this is twinkletoes
default_smile.png
he is out of a horse called twinkleboots from the toyland stud, i love falabellas myself
default_yes.gif
:
pictures.jpg

sorry its lopsided, but i edited to add that i think your horse is gorgeous, but dont you think there back end is the last thing to mature in them? my boys only devepoling his butt now lol and by the way he didnt win the cup, my hubby borrowed it off the pony club lol

Last edited by a moderator:
He turned out very nice!!!The last pic I saw of him was his foal picture. I like that white frosting on his rear.

I don't have individual pictures of my Falabellas to post, but here is my website below.

Here is my handsome pure Falabella stallion "Chips." He is one of my favorites!!
default_wub.png
:

Chips.rt.7-8-06.jpg

Chips.hd.06.sm.jpg

I also have a lot of Falabella blends, this guy is 80% Falabella, line-bred on Toyland Zodiac, and a son of Chips.

Cash.8-5-06.jpg

I know this sounds dumb. But being new to minis...What is a Falabella?

WOW he turned out nice.I had bought his part brother late winter and so pleased with him.I have 2 studs pure and the yrling colt pure and 6 mares pure.And have 4 mares that are Blends for sale.As I want to go just into the Pure Falabellas. Here is Bistro
bristol1.jpg

I think he's nice
default_wub.png
: He's a total sweetheart too. I can't wait until he gets all muscled up :aktion033: Shane, yes I think the butt is the last thing to muscle up. I have Zodiac on our exercise program now and hope come spring he'll look so awesome. I see a ton of potential in him. He does have Toyland Zodiac in him I think as his grandsire.

All these gorgeous horse on this thread..makes me drool :saludando:

I think, in answer to the "what are Falabellas", that Falabella is a "ranch" or "farm" name kind of approach to Shetlands bred down to be the smallest possible, but many of them were bred in Argentina as opposed to UK/US. They are kind of sought after as in they were supposed to be pure Miniature or whatever, but they are basically the same type of Miniature that the US was breeding, just with different Shetland/POA or what have you foundation stock.

If you do a Google search, you can find out more information on them. Appaloosa is a very prevalent color in their background.

I would bet, though, that if you looked back a hundred years or so, you would find many common Shetland ancestors between Falabella and US Miniatures not to mention UK ones.

Liz M.

My yearing colt is a Falabella blend. This is CJ Cameo's Royal Chianti

a05a7756.jpg

4b55c4db.jpg

Jessi

I think, in answer to the "what are Falabellas", that Falabella is a "ranch" or "farm" name kind of approach to Shetlands bred down to be the smallest possible, but many of them were bred in Argentina as opposed to UK/US. They are kind of sought after as in they were supposed to be pure Miniature or whatever, but they are basically the same type of Miniature that the US was breeding, just with different Shetland/POA or what have you foundation stock.

If you do a Google search, you can find out more information on them. Appaloosa is a very prevalent color in their background.

I would bet, though, that if you looked back a hundred years or so, you would find many common Shetland ancestors between Falabella and US Miniatures not to mention UK ones.

Liz M.
Thank you...

Here is a picture of my 75% falabella colt, Spirit Thunder Portento Smoke (died December 23, 2006). His sire is Portento, a full bred falabella. His mom was a falabella blend. I absolutely love the falabellas!!!

Smokie.jpg

Smokieandlilcowboys-1.jpg

Smokieatabirthdayparty.jpg

FamilypicssenttoBabe061.jpg

FamilypicssenttoBabe007.jpg

Beautiful horses there Pandora and Kim Landis when I looked. I, too, love the Falabellas and the blends.

I have a 100% Falabella mare, her son who is 50% Falabella and 2 of her grandkids who are 25% Falabellas and I really like them. If I was to start over I would fo with full and blends all the way.

Joyce L
default_yes.gif
:

I'm a big fan of the Falabella/American cross. Falabella is a family name of the family that has been breeding them for over 150 years (Newtall bred them first then the Falabellas). They and the Hope Sisters have been breeding Miniature Horses the longest of any of the Mini breeders. Dutch Shetlands, Criollo and small Thoroughbreds were used early on for improvement but none since the 1950's. They are a "breed" in Argentina (thier homeland) like a "Quarterhorse" is a breed here. Most of today's appaloosa color in the American Mini comes from the Falabella influence- like the famous Chianti.

A few pures I have or have owned-

calstrchnck0206.jpg

Calita- pure Falabella mare

tonyhead.jpg

Falabella Floriano- imported directly from Falabella Family

brioprettyhead0502.jpg

Taquito Brio - pure Falabella bred by Toyland. I owned him at 5 days old and he is the sire of my current stallion C Spots Justin Falabella.

Tammie

Here are some of my Falabella crosses (all 50% or more Falabella)-

calistanice072206.jpg

C Spots Calista Falabella- (daughter of Calita and Dee's Johnny Cash)

buzzjpg.jpg

RR Batata de Falabella- only lost one jumping class and took a second to one of our other horses!

colors062106.jpg

Crayonbox Midnight Colors of C Spots - yearling filly (Terrilee x Chips)

annakisslys0906small.jpg

C Spots Just Mist the Spots (Justin x Misty) aka Anna with my daughter Lyssa
default_smile.png

justinhd091606.jpg

C Spots Justin Falabella

Tammie

Now I can add another Falabella blend, as I just bought a mare, and looking at her papers realized she's falabella blend. Her sire's sire is Toyland Trinadad, who is by Toyland Zodiac. She has appy background, but she took her color looks after her pinto sire
default_smile.png

This is Cassi

cassyleft906.jpg

Here's our first Falabella blend - DRK's WHAT'S THE BUZZ....

Very possibly a snowcap appaloosa in addition to tobiano!

db_jjbuzzweb3.jpg

:aktion033:

Here is one of our mares, a Falabella blend whose grandsire on the bottom is Falkland of Kilverstone, a gorgeous black leopard appaloosa owned by Jane Macon, Alamo Miniatures. Her name is Thousand Oaks Yashicas Bayberry (a.k.a. "Bitsy"). Her grandsire on the top side is Orion Light Vant Huttenest so she is heavy appaloosa. Bitsy is on our sales list and is in foal for 2007 to the stallion in my avatar, Cross Country Call Me Awesome. She's a little doll, small with a "BIG" personality!

Bitsy347.jpg

Sorry about the big funky picture, but here is my fellabella HA Cassanovas Bandito--my sweet kissyface.

Bandit-prettyface500.jpg

Latest posts

Back