Exiss Horse Trailers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 24 foot gooseneck, from exiss. I bought it when i was looking at a featherlite, and the salesman told me that the person who started featehrlite, sold the company and then started making exiss trailers.

I hav e had my gooseneck almost 4 years,and love it. Pulls like a dream. I also keep a small trailer for small loads, but I would highly recommend the exiss trailers.

I have had 2 colt trailers, one ponderosa, one corn pro ( i think that was what it was called) and a featherlite, and I like the exiss(s) as well as any.

My trainer had one. It was very nice, roomy and almost never had any problems. It was also the only trailer my picky mare would ride in...lol. She loved the padded sides and how nice it was. She will NOT get in an old rusty trailer. She's too weird. lol.

My roomate has a three horse slant gooseneck (XT300). It is nice, but its one of the "older" (2002) models. The new ones have dropped significantly in quality. Exiss (and Featherlite) is now one of a group of brands all owned by the same parent company (Universal Trailers). While Featherlite is still semi-independant, the Exiss model has fallen to the "budget" catagory; the bottom rung of three different trailer brands. The previous models were very nice, on par with some of the very expensive names like Sundowner. Some of the features are just "duh" simple and breakproof. The new ones tend to skimp. I looked carefully at my friend's Exiss, the new Exiss's, and Featherlite, and went with a Featherlite trailer because the construction looked and felt superior, as well as the features. I did definately like some of the hardware of the Exiss better than the Featherlite hardware, but overall I felt the Featherlite to be a better trailer than the NEW Exiss models. The older ones seem on par, quality-wise.

There are a LOT of complaints out there about the falling quality of Universal trailers... I'm sure Featherlite will fall in the future, but right now it seems a very well built trailer.

We have a 24' Featherlite with nearly 300,000 miles. It is still holding up very well. A dealer I talked with when welooked at a new exiss trailer just for horses said we would not like i as well as our Featherlite. He sold Exiss trailers.

Mark

I've heard what Nathan says too - the quality isn't what it was. I looked at Exiss several years ago and was going to buy one, but the dealer took an almost new Sundowner in on trade and convinced me it was a superior trailer. I've also had a Featherlite in the past, loved it too.

Jan

That is what I am hearing also is the lower/falling quality.

Now we are looking at the new Logan XT/XTR trailers.............

Latest posts

Back