Excited To Announce TWO New Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm really excited to have a couple new horses coming my way from our own Erica.

First, there is Erica’s Big City Blue By U (<--- link). "Blue" is a grey colt by Erica's stallion, Little Kings Big City Buck, who is a Buckeroo son, and out of MCC Feather's Silver Streak, who is a Yellow Diamond Little Feather daughter and Egyptian King granddaughter. He should mature to a tall A size.

"Blue" is a full brother to multi-grand champion / National top 10 Erica's Streaking For Bucks, a maternal brother to my own stallion, Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), maternal brother to Ericas Smoke Rings In the Dark (reserve Nat'l Champion -- owned by Minih & Erica) and paternal brother to my perlino filly, Erica's Big City Bomb Shell. So, you could say I'm fond of his family
default_smile.png

My plans for Blue are to have him gelded this fall and show him as a junior gelding. When he's old enough, this is one I sure plan to drive. He's very animated (as is DunIT), and will look so sharp in harness (I love to see grey horses in harness!) and will probably do some Liberty with him as well.

Most people know how much I love to have a NICE gelding to love and show
default_yes.gif
:

Erica’s Big City Blue By U
Blue%2011.jpg

Blue%2010.jpg

Then, my other new "baby" is Erica's Sweet as Sugar (<----). "Sweetie" is a 30.5" perlino granddaughter of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU"), and daughter of Erica's stallion Little Kings B T Buck Bandito. She is a paternal sister to my one of my two other perlino girls, Erica's Double Dipped (and wears matching colors!). She's also a paternal sister to my stallion, Erica's Gone and DunIT. I just love my BTU horses and am very happy to have another one, and she's also my third double dilute mare and I do love the "pinkies".

My plans for Sweetie are to have her bred to Ericas Echos of My Destiny, the double bred Buckeroo, many time grand champion, multi National top 10, AMHA Honor Roll, Halter Hall of Fame, AMHR Multi All Star (yadda yadda yadda LOL) stallion who Erica and I co-own. Very excited about this cross!!!

Also, I remember the year Sweetie was born and window shopping Erica's foal page (this was before I'd talked to her or bough a horse from her). I window shopped and day dreamed to have Sweetie and Double
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
And I get to call them mine now
default_wub.png
:

Erica's Sweet as Sugar
Sweetie--08052007-4%20smaller.jpg

sweetie%20123.JPG

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks for letting me share my good news!!![/SIZE]

:bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow congrats! I went to a farm this weekend, and while grey is not my fav, it grows on you! They had a mare that was black... she is half gray now and has the most BEAUTIFUL big huge eyes. You would not have noticed on a black mare. Very pretty.

Anyway, have a great time with your new babies.

:new_shocked: wow Jill,

very nice looking horses. Can't wait to see them at your place. You have a nice herd coming there.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay!! :aktion033: Congratulations!! I love Erica's horses!! I get excited everytime I see one of her posts or when someone buys one of her babies!! Maybe one year I can be one of that lucky group!! Enjoy your new little beauties!!

:aktion033: SUPER CONGRATULATIONS TIMES-2!!! :aktion033:

They are both just beautiful! I especially like your new "Sweetie".
default_wub.png
:

Thanks, folks!

I'm very excited and I do love to deal with Erica
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

After admiring her horses for so long, I feel blessed to have as many as I do from her.

Also, as to "greys", Blue is my 3rd grey horse. I personally love the color. When I first got into minis, I really wanted to find a grey mini but never did. Now, I have a grey filly, a grey stallion, and a grey gelding-to-be. To me, greys (when clean!) look like story book horses.

Several of us were up LATE on the message board the night Blue was born, including myself. It was actually pretty scary to watch as we thought Silver was in trouble. It turned out, she was not, but it looked like she was "from here". I won't ever forget it... Silver foaled slightly off camera so we did not know how things were going until a second later, there's Erica carrying a very much alive and leggy "Blue" in her arms. I loved him at first sight!

See ----> http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=77912
default_wub.png
:

Oh la la Jill! I am so jelous of that mare! WOW! She is a pretty one... Congratulations! I would love to see more pictures if you have them!

Did you forget who Bomb Shells dad is? lol... You put that she a a paternal sister to her but isn't her papa BIg City?

Congrats again you lucky duck!

Gage

Woops, you are right, Gage! I don't know what I was thinking when I typed it because of course Bomb Shell is a Big City baby
default_wub.png
:

I've got more pictures of Sweetie on her web page: Erica's Sweet as Sugar

Congrats Jill!! They're both awesome! And that cross will produce an awesome baby for you I'm sure.
default_wub.png
:

Now how did I guess you bought the new horses from Erica? :bgrin

Congratulations! I'm another that loves grays! We still have one gray big horse from years ago. One of these days, I'll find a gray mini mare that will fit in with my herd.

Isn't your whole herd pretty much related? LOL, how do you keep them straight????

I think Blue is going to be a knockout when he grows up.

I see that the mare is following Brooke's mohawk trend. :bgrin

Amanda

Wow, Jill....

As I said, with the herd you are assembling, I see a very bright future for Whinny For Me farm!

I will be watching your production eagerly.

Your taste similarly echoes mine, so I could totally see every horse you have living right here, though I don't have enough room or time right now!

I will live vicariously through you, in other words!

CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back