EVERYONE WATCH THE SKY NOV. 30 AND DEC. 1

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
It's too late tonight, but Sunday and Monday nights are better. (The peak is Monday night.) And it's supposed to be visible to EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD as long as there aren't clouds to block it.....or the midnight sun at the South Pole, LOL.

Each of these two nights, at sunset, look for the moon and you will see a conjunction occurring with the planets Jupiter, Venus, and the Crescent Moon!

This is not supposed to happen again in another 140 years!!!!! (I bet the astrology folks are going crazy over this one.)

My Astronomer hubby has written a blog about it and I'll include the link if you are interested.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=452762147

I lve these kind of things!!! I will be watching with my telescope....

Ah, so that's the two planets I've been watching the last few nights. I noticed they were closer to each other each night, but I didn't know which planets they were, and hadn't gotten around to looking it up.

Couldn't see them (or the moon) tonight as it's cloudy and snowing here. Maybe tomorrow night or Monday.

How about here ...9 hours ahead of you? I will look too , we have a clear day. I saw something wierd a few weeks ago. All night long I kept waking up and looking at the sky....it was a pale blue, like it would be at dawn...but all night long.
default_unsure.png
I found out the next day that we had a medior storm....anyone else see that?

I've been watching them every night getting cloer together. I almost took a picture last night as the moon was a cresent but fully outlined and it looked really neat with the planets. They are getting closer nightly. We just have a crappy front moving in and its supposed to be rainy and nasty so we probably won't be able to see them tonight. Hopefully for the conjuncture though. It will suck if I don't get to see it after watching it nightly.
default_wacko.png

Gotta love skywatching.

I have seen some amazing fireballs lately, too.
default_smile.png

We have a semi-clear sky right now, so one can hope!

Thanks for the reminder (my Dad's been bugging me about it, too).

Liz

Liz, Do you think you saw that huge fireball that landed in Canada???? Apparently the meteor split in several pieces before it hit earth and people are finding them........From the pictures I've seen of two of them -- they are actually very big for meteorites! (Larry's written another blog specifically about it.)

too bad it's overcast and freezing rain here at the moment....doesn't sound to promising for it clearing before Tues either
default_sad.png

~kathryn

I saw it tonight and had no idea what was going on - thanks for letting us know!

Liz R.

It was awesome! Karrel and I both enjoyed seeing it! If someone got good photos of it, can you share them here?

Believe it or not WE WERE CLOUDED IN!!! Larry had set up the tri-pod and everything.........

If someone has photos, could you post them???

It was clear here and what a picture! Thanks for letting us know about it. As I drove out of the parking lot I noticed it here at work. I then called my son and he went outside to look and all I heard was COOL, SICK, AWESOME...LIZZIE get over here and see this. I wanted to get a picture when I got home but it was gone behind the tree line.

It was nice and clear here last few nights and it looked awesome. I had been wondering what them stars were about the last few nights and Thanks for letting us all know. I really enjoyed seeing it.
default_yes.gif

Joyce

Latest posts

Back