Essays for free mare.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
I really was serious about giving away a double reg amha amhr mare to a deserving youth. I have only received 1 essay so far. Isn't anyone else interested?

Mail them to Lyn Jacobs 2240 Mill Rd Richmond VA 23231. There will also be a second prize so dont delay!

Lyn

Hello,

Yes my girls are interested in the mare. They have started the essay,but have been very busy with school work. The dead line is Feb right? I will try to get them to finish the essay this weekend.

thanks again,

They would love to win her.

melissa

lyn i think there just hasnt been enough time. i know myself i have to write and then rewrite a couple times and take breaks in between lol. i bet youll get more entries!

Lyn- ask then to "register an interest" so you know who is interested in submitting, then, if things go pear shaped you can give them all a bit more time as you will know who you are dealing with.

You have put this up on the Youth Forum, right??

Of course you have, daft question really, sorry.

If you get a list of interested names you will know more where you stand.

Okay,

My girls Skylar 9 yrs old and Ashley who is 12 yrs are working on their essays for Savannah.

thanks melissa

Hmmmm...hoping my foster daughters made it; dad promised he put it in the mail....everyday she asks "Mom, did she call you?"
default_smile.png

WOW!!! I'm new kind of to the back porch, so I haven't heard of this before. I'll have to tell my 11 year old niece about this. She LOVES horses and story writing. I'm sure she would enjoy entering the contest. She has a pony and a mini. I've NEVER seen a child have more passion for horses (or just animals in general). She shows more responsibility than most adults I know. When is the deadline??? Brandi

I put my sister's in the mail yesterday, maybe you will get it today. It is from Lacie.

Will

Lyn,

Skylar and Ashley's essays are in the mail to you today.

thanks melissa

default_wub.png
: I would. just can't afford another horse. :no: IT sucks.

I think this is a wonderful thing you are doing! Too bad hubby would kill me or I would have Libby writing an essay in a heartbeat. She is devoted to her animals.

Lyn,

Both of my kids have written, and should be there soon!

Thank you! On so many fronts, and I'll explain later, Thank you for doing this.

Jodi

i applaud your idea! :aktion033: :aktion033: wish i was a kid so i could participate!! as for my two that are still young enough, each already has a big horse and one already has a mini also... so here's hoping this mare go to a kid who is not as fortunate (like me when i was little, and would have given ANYTHING to own a horse of my own... hey, where were you when i was a kid?? LOL)

lol Shelly, if that kidney can write it.....go ahead!
default_wink.png
:

Lyn

I can't figure out to get it to hold the pencil!!! I guess I want get to send in my essay! :bgrin

thought I would give it a try tho.

thanks Lyn, this is a wonderful idea for the youth.

Shelley<><

The contest draws to a close. When will we know who the winners are? Will you post on here? :lol: Hubby told me to let Libby go for it and we can't wait to hear! I am sure there are a lot of great essays to choose from, I don't envy you picking a winner. :new_shocked:

I have 8 essays right now, the mail hasnt come yet. I will also say that there is a second prize...... My friend Michele Presley has a secret prize to add. I will make sure it is ok with the parents before awarding. I will post the winners here and I will post by the weekend. giving those entries that might be postmarked tomorrow or wed to get here. They are all sweet stories.

Lyn

i cant wait to see who won!! what a great thing you have done :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back