AMHyA News and Entry Deadlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostalgia

Reaction score
There are several exciting things that are happening with the AMHyA!!!! First of all there will be a Pizza Party for the youth at all AMHA Championship Shows!!! This party is sponsored by Janna and Gary Nicholls, double Diamond Farm and Tack! And I just heard from Bob Kane, AMHA Vice President, that he and his wonderful wife Brenda are making an addition to the Western Championship Show by providing Ice Cream to all the Youth at the Pizza Party (sounds like a challenge for the Central and Eastern Show)!!! :aktion033: All youth - be sure to attend the party in your Region!

There are several deadlines that are coming up, check with Alison ([email protected]) or the website for exact dates. Youth Shcolarships are due soon, not many have been turned in and the money is a great help for college (or tech school)! The Art, essay, and photography (including the amateur photo contest) entry sheets are due in Aug! FYI you don't have to turn in the entry just the entry form - you can either bring the entry to Worlds or if not going you can mail it to Alison's attention at the AMHA office - but you must send the entry from in by the deadline. There are great prizes offered to the winners of each division and ribbons to all places!

The Youth/Amateur judging contest is FREE!!!! this year at the AMHA World Show!!! If you pre-register you will recieve a Judging Manual to better prepare you for the contest! You don't have to be showing at the World show to participate, just be an AMHyA or an AMHA Amateur member in good standing and you can participate for FREE!!!! There will be awards for each division offered.

The youth will once again be hosting a Silent Auction at the World Show! If you would like to donate any items call or e-mail Alison. And the Youth Calcutta will again be held on Friday during the Welcome Reception so come and enjoy great food and FUN bidding on the Youth Teams!!! The top buyer of the winning team will receive a portion of all the proceeds from the Calcutta (could make a little shopping/gas money)!!! To purchase Welcome Reception Dinner tickets call AMHA, but you do not have to purchase dinner to attend the Clacutta!!! Also the highest bidder recieves use of a Metro Golf Cart for the entire show and each bidder that purchases a team receives that teams' gift (centerpiece). There will also be doorprizes throughout the evening! All youth that exhibit at the world show will recieve a Welcome bag (sponsored by Lakeside Miniatures) full of goodies by various sponsors and a team t-shirt! Don't miss out on the fun and prizes!!! :aktion033:

Lastly, the deadline for youth to turn in there nomination forms for an AMHyA Leadership position is fast approaching! This is your opportunity, youth, to help the organization grow and to help make your insight a reality! Check the website for a leadership handbook and determine which position you would be best suited for! This year's current AMHyA and last years AMHyA EC received wonderful letterman's jackets, sponsored by JSW Farm, Jonathan Whitt. This is your chance to make a difference (not to mention it looks great on College applications)!!! :aktion033:

I think that is all, contact me if you have any questions! I look forward to seeing everyone at Worlds and at the Eastern Championship Show!!! :saludando:

Good Luck to All!!! And don't forget to support your AMHA/AMHyA
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks,

Natalie

Thanks for the reminders. We went to the Welcome dinner and Calcutta for the first time last year. It was alot of fun.

I hope your reminder will get some more youth to apply for the scholarships. The youth are our future!

Also, Lauren Greaves reminded me that I left this out, Nominations for the Reece Family Youth Award are due in the AMHA office by September 1st. This is a great award for the outgoing, hard working, friendly, reliable youth that we all love and that promotes the breed! The youth does not have to be show to be eligible. If you need a nomination form e-mail Alison, [email protected], or myself.

Natalie

Latest posts

Back