Erica,,,,,,,,ERICA,,,,,,,,looks like one of the mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:aktion033: CONGRATS!!! :aktion033:

CC.....hope you watched your mom deliver those babies....your turn!
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: Congratulations! :aktion033:

Way to go Erica and Echo and Penny! Can't wait to see pics!

Was this your first doubleheader? Heck the night's not over! There could be more :new_shocked:

haha So was CC able to watch this? :new_shocked: I think Erica should put CC inbetween the 2 new mommas and babys!
default_yes.gif
: :new_rofl:
default_torch.gif
:

Did I read Sheryl's post right?
default_unsure.png
: Both are Colts and both sired by Big City? :bgrin

They both look really nice and cant wait to see pictures! :bgrin

Well I am off to bed now and maybe Erica can get some sleep tonight too after she gets them both nursing well!

Oh, and I agree her grandfather was a real help for her tonight! It is great to have a helper. :bgrin

Jeri

:aktion033:

Congratulations!!!

Can't wait for pics when you have time (and some rest!)

Liz

I am so depressed.. :no: I missed them both.. I haven't seen a foal born yet.
default_crybaby.gif
: That is what I get for snoozing off on the couch watching t.v.(something I never do). Congrats on the new additions.. I just pray I get to see a foal born.. I can't believe I missed it.. :eek:

Thanks guys
default_yes.gif
:

Yep both of these are COLTS and are Buckskins.....both were textbook and quick, neither mare had a problem, just a little crampy afterward, but the banamine has kicked in and both doing good. Some may have seen me take a knife out of my pocket when Penny got up, she presented a red ball/bag when she got up the first time so I went it thinking possible redbag to get the foal out......cut it open and it was actually just that her water hadn't broke at that time......red sack contained that. Underneath, I didn't cut, was a nice clean white sack with two little hooves peaking out.

Penny's is more of a lighter w/darker undercoat buckskin (like Handsome), while Echos is more of a golden color buckskin in between Big City and Heir coloring....

They both resemble their daddy A LOT, or what I could tell tonight....Big City is the sire of both of these boys.

So each of them are Buckeroo grandsons, Penny's is also a Cross Country Rowdy Reflection grandson/Redboy g-grandson, and Echos is also a Buck Echo grandson - so is double Buckeroo!

Will try to get some pictures tomorrow, going to shower and take a nap, before I have to be up in 4 1/2 hrs to check on them, feed and get to work......

Will evaluate all the mares this weekend and see who will join CC in the barn....I figure it will be a busy week the next few weeks here with foaling.

figures that all the fun starts about a half hour after I stopped watching. hehe, happens to me all the time. Congrats on two lovely new babies!

Congrats Erica!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I did get to see the first one........but had to be off to bed before the second one foaled.

But had I known it would have been just an hour later I would have stayed.

Can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks for the experience!

default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

First thing I did when I got up this morning was check on the new colts...wanted to see them kind of unfolded and up...they are soooo cute!!!
default_wub.png
: Still can't believe I actually got to watch both foalings...woot!! :aktion033: :lol:

Congrats again Erica!! :aktion033:

Congratulations!
Way to go Erica and Echo and Penny! Can't wait to see pics!

Was this your first doubleheader? Heck the night's not over! There could be more
Yep Rachel,

I knew Echo wasn't going to wait long after Penny (actually wasn't sure if she WAS going to wait) she had her head pressed against the stall wall in b/w them and peaking through the cracks, WHILE she was starting to have 'mild' contrations I could see in the belly standing up.......this was right after Pennys boy was out and I was drying him. Luckily she was kind enough to wait just a tad longer so I could spend more time with her and her baby.

Back to the doubleheader, yep it was my first, BUT may not be the last this year???? Penny foaled April 5th last year (shes more of a 315-320 mare from what I've seen with her first two foals, and they are healthy, strong, big, alert ext...just ready to come out a little early), Design foaled April 1, Infinity April 7th...........all bred back on their first heat/foal heat to Big City. Silver foaled March 5th, but I held her back a cycle, so I had her breeding the same week as those above!! So won't be long before those three are up in stalls, probably this weekend, Maybe a 3'fer??? As that puts them all about the 15-20th for 330 days.

Then as far as I know; what I seen, CC, Chrissy, Wild Thunder I have all due ~ 25th March; though I am pretty sure CC won't hold out that long.....those three are ALL maidens.

Those will be the next batch, who will go first??? I'm not sure.....my guess at this point would be Design or CC. Only have 4 milk strips left but ordered another refill yesterday and I will have them today or Sat so will start testing daily on the ones that are close.

Erica, no no no :bgrin Infinity and Design have to wait till the end of this month
default_birthday.gif
: ....
default_pray.gif
:

So cork it up, cross the legs and hold it in to March 31st. :new_rofl: just teasing

I am not going to predict a filly anymore....I'm taking the approach of reverse psychology on the mares....say the opposite of what you want and fool the filly fairy.
default_wink.png
: :bgrin

Seriously though congrats on happy, healthy boys(I bet they look awesome).....will be neat to see the different buckskin shades of color. :aktion033:

I missed it but did go peek this morning. 2 adorable lil guys Erica, congratulations! :aktion033:

:no: I am still not able to watch on the camera's. I had some people email me trying to help me with it, but no luck.

Congrats Erica for two great births. :aktion033: :aktion033: can't wait to see the colts
default_wub.png
:

Yeah Erica :aktion033: I stayed up and watch both of them although I should have been in bed sleeping. Hubby came home late after his off duty police job and I am up watching "marestare" he just shakes his head and started laughing. I tell him about how busy you were and they came back to back etc...and was so excited he started joking oh I didn't know you meant Erica delivered them in our backyard!!
default_wacko.png
: I tell him that is what true miniature horse lovers do get so excited about other peoples foals that they act like they are their own. I did see him take several peeks though
default_wub.png
:

Can't wait for the pics--hope you got some sleep as it stands you are probably going to need it for this weekend.

Wonderful job and do give Grampy a great big hug for his help. We have been watching every night so it was rewarding to actually see these boys born safe and sound. Congratulations Erica job well done.

I missed it!!! but I just took a peak and they are adorable!!! 2 buckskins... my favorite!!!! Congrats agian!!

Shelley<><

Latest posts

Back