equine insurance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandmaC

Reaction score
Can any of you give me the names and contact info for eQuine insurance companies?

And if you've used them and how you liked them?

And who to stay away from? Thank you

I need it for something I have brewing
biggrin.gif
and when I called our agent she doesn't quote up front, she sends out for a quote.

Which I am waiting on and may take a day or two, but though some of you here may know an equine specific insurance company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Equisport I find them the most reasonable and will insure one horse or a whole herd

We use Smith-Embry insurance, they have a great plan that has full mortality plus as an added bonus they give you a free colic surgery policy for up to half the horses insured value.I dont think a lot of companies do this for you! Their rates are a little less normally than other companies Ive looked into. They are prompt, professional and very good about replying to any questions you may have. If you need their email address just email me and I can give it to you if you want to inquire on their insurance or anything, thanks.Laura

I've had our stallions, Destiny and DunIT, insured through GenCorp since 2005.

http://www.gencorp-ins.com/personal_equine.shtml

16 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI 02818 -- Tel 401.884.7800

For what it's worth, I always like to point out (for the original poster if it helps and others who might read) that it is probably NOT a good idea to insure a horse for mortality w/o including major medical coverage. If it turns out the horse needs expensive care that the owner cannot or chooses not to pay for and the horse dies while only insured for mortality, a benefit will NOT be paid out. Not everyone realizes that on the outset.

I have had a situation in the past where pay-out was requested and had no problems at all. It was to cover two back to back colic surgies on a filly who had been at a trainer's barn. The payment was no problem and the horse is still around now as a full grown mare doing well 7 years later
default_smile.png
The company I used at that point in time, though, was AgriRisk.

Thank you all for your information. My husband and I figure for now, we'll definitely make sure anyone going to the trainers and showing will be insured.

The ones at home don't run all the risks a training and traveling horse runs. Thank you again. Now to research companies
rolleyes.gif
Lot's of homework

getting started.
smile.gif

http://connaway.net/

I use Laura Connaway (Connaway and Associates Equine Insurance)

They are great! Super easy to work with and will take time to answer any questions.......while I've (knock on wood) I've never had to use them to claim money on a deceased horse; I've had two close friends who have and it was a very easy transaction.

I use Equine World Insurance, but I only have equine liability. They have a single price for a herd of 5 or fewer but there is a surcharge for driving horses (an additional $40 annually). I've never had to use the insurance but I feel better having it "just in case". The people I've dealt with at the company have always been friendly and professional. They're located in Brighton, MI; phone 866-954-0555.

I use Equine World Insurance, but I only have equine liability. They have a single price for a herd of 5 or fewer but there is a surcharge for driving horses (an additional $40 annually). I've never had to use the insurance but I feel better having it "just in case". The people I've dealt with at the company have always been friendly and professional. They're located in Brighton, MI; phone 866-954-0555.
This is the company I would use as well.

Latest posts

Back