Equestrians Olmpic shows covered

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bess Kelly

Reaction score
default_wub.png
I love to watch these-----------others may, also.

Television Coverage of the Equestrian Events at the 2008 Olympics Announced

NBC Universal will be airing 3,600 hours of coverage of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, including the equestrian events, which will be taking place in Hong Kong. This total amount of coverage will be more than the hours of coverage for all the Olympic Games since 1960 Rome combined. All Broadcasts will also be in HD.

The equestrian television coverage schedule is as follows:

Date: Program-Time (EST) on Channel

Aug. 9: Eventing: Dressage-2:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. on USA

Aug. 11: Eventing: Cross- Country- 6:00pm-8:00pm OXYGEN

Aug. 12: Eventing: Jumping Team Gold Medal Final-6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 13: Dressage-6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 14: Dressage Team Gold Medal Final-6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 15: Show Jumping-6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 16: Dressage Individual - 5:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. MSNBC

Aug. 17: Show Jumping Team Gold Medal Final 1st Round-10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m on NBC

Aug. 18: Show Jumping Team Gold Medal Final Round- 6:00pm-8:00 p.m. OXYGEN

Aug. 19: Dressage Individual Gold Medal Final - 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 21: Show Jumping Individual Gold Medal Final- 10:00am- 1:00 pm on NBC

THANK YOU! That was great of you to post this. Best part of the Summer Olympics!

Yes, OXYGEN is on Direct TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan, I had Oxygen when I had DirecTV so you should have it. Here is the link for the events online: schedule

I am hoping to catch some things online since we don't have cable or satellite.

Thanks, it is 251 on Directv out of Grand Rapids, MI in case anyone else is in MI.

Yep tha's all I watch not much of a sports fan I guess.

TY

Jan

Stink I wish we had channels over here specially for the equestrian events, We have it slotted in every now and then so just have to read updates to find out whats happening. Go New Zealand team I heard just before that mark Todd was coming 3rd at the moment in dressage,
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_luck.gif

Thank you so much for posting this. We are watching the opening ceremonies right now and look forward to the Equestrian portion.

I have it on the local NBC station, but with all the commercials I must have missed USA coming in
default_no.gif

The opening ceremoney was Awsome, now it will be fun trying to find all the horse events on the spam of channels they have them on, and of course I have basic Ditectv here so I may not get all of them
default_no.gif

But hopefully I can catch some of them and everyone else too.

Enjoy everyone Happy watching.

Jan

Thanks for posting - I was able to watch a good bit of the dressage last night on the computer. They televise so precious little of it that it was a treat to be able to see the entire work of several horses.

Jan

I hate to complaine but i wish that they would put the show on when we are awake and not sleeping. I think a few of us will miss out on alot because of the time they put the show on. I hope that maybe someday they will figure out something.

Well, I have DISH, and with it, the OXYGEN channel, but there's NOTHING from the Olympics there this AM. I didn't find it in my zip code on the NBC Olympics link, either.

Because of the time difference, my guess is there are a lot of events that you'd have to be staying up though the night to watch IF you want to watch them 'live'....but with tape delay, and the several choices of NBC-affiliated channels, seems to me they should be able to show most things at a reasonable hour!

Guess I'll just keep the TV on and keep checking 'manually'...with my slow dial-up, I WON'T be watching events on the computer.

Margo

Thanks for posting this. I printed out the schedule and it's on my fridge.
default_rolleyes.gif
I watched some dressage but what I'm really waiting for is the cross country and show jumping to start!!!!!
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

Watched most of the opening ceremony too, wow!
default_new_shocked.gif

You can watch it all on a live feed on your computer. You have to download a player from microsoft to watch but it doesnt take long and well worth it. Here the link to the download....

Visit My Website Kathy

Thank goodness for DVR - I have managed to watch all of the dressage (that they have shown) - what gorgeous horses. The crosscountry will be on Oxygen tomorrow (Monday night) at either 6 or 7pm depending on your time zone.

Ann

Latest posts

Back