EHV-1

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
From everything I read from the Department of Agriculture here in Nevada, if no more horses contract the illness by June 5th we are in the clear. There were 3 cases here in Nevada. The first was a horse in Elko County. He had attended the show in Ogden, UT. He only had the mild form of the virus and is fine. The other 2 cases were here in Washoe County. They did not go to the Ogden Show but, they came in contact with horses (that were not ill) that came from the Ogden show They got the neurological form of the virus. I do not know where in Washoe county these 2 horses are. I think it would help to know. But, they have the privacy laws. But they said in the report I read, if there are no more cases we should have everything (the virus) under control. They were considering canceling the Reno Rodeo this year because of the virus. The Rodeo is around June 15th. I think if we stay clear of any more cases all shows from here on out should be OK.

Latest posts

Back