Egyptian king

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westwood Farms

Reaction score
I will be leaseing an Egyptian King son, and I am wondering, what bloodlines are good to cross with EK to produce the best foals? Who has been successful with these lines that I might be able to speak with

thanks,

ALicia

Also, another question about dilutes. I am purchasing a DD palomino mare, and plan to breed her to my DD cremello stallion. What do you get crossing 2 double dilutes?

If I remember correctly, NFC, Grosshill, and Alliance all had good success crossing the EK line to Boogerman/Rowdy bred horses.

The EK line is one of my faverites, i do not have any of it out in my pastures right now, but would love to in the future add one or two EK mares.

RockRiverTiffIf I remember correctly, NFC, Grosshill, and Alliance all had good success crossing the EK line to Boogerman/Rowdy bred horses.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Also, another question about dilutes. I am purchasing a DD palomino mare, and plan to breed her to my DD cremello stallion. What do you get crossing 2 double dilutes?
I can't comment about the EK bloodline, but a Palomino is NOT a double dilute, it is a single dilute.

Palomino is Red with one Cream gene. Cremello is Red with two Cream genes. Crossing the two would give you a 50% chance of Cremello and 50% chance of Palomino.

I had double dilute in my head, I know they only have one dilute gene. I meant crossing the dilutes together.

Thanks for the info on EK
default_aktion033.gif

I have a EK grandson, and he is very nicely put together. He is solid black, though he carries the grey gene. His sire is for sale in LA.

jjnov--if he is black he is not carring the grey gene (unless he is a black turning grey). Grey is dominant. jennifer
default_saludando.gif

We have an Egyptian King daughter & we use our Buckeroo grandson with her & they make gorgeous , correct little foals -- so I recommend the Buckeroo line .

Personally, I think what a horse crosses best with just depends on the individual horse, not bloodlines in particular. Conformation, not bloodlines, should come first. You want something that will compliment the stallion, and visa versa, in hopes of producing a foal better than both parents.

Well this mare, and another one as well, just came home today. No good photos as when they came off the trailer it was raining and they were in the roundpen settling in but , i finially finially finially have some EK here at the farm
default_wub.png

I just thought it was funny, as just the other day i posted (above) how badly i wanted to add some EK lines around here and well ..

On The Rise Farms Silver Angel AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple

33" Egyptian King granddaughter. Her sire, is 2x buckeroo bred. Like i said, it was raining so no good photos but i am very very excited about her and the other new girl (LK Supreme Dream daughter). Example of the EK head
default_wub.png
. Came home, turned her out to the big pasture and she went trotting down the fence breaking level tail flagging the whole way.

001SilverAngel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that even though he may be black, he can still produce grey foals. Well he is certainly black, not white on him what so ever. I call him my black beauty, even though he has no star.

nope if he's black and not turning gray then he is not a gray. He also cannot produce gray's unless the dam is a gray in which case he still isn't producing the gray ... You HAVE to have at least one parent that is a gray to get the gray gene.

I own two boys -- stallion and gelding, that have Buckeroo and Egyptian King breeding (more closely Buckeroo) and recently sold a filly who is similarly bred. I think they're all exceptional horses
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back