egg that floats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I just put 2 dozen eggs in a pot to boil and 2 floated up to the top. I want to say this means they are spoiled but can't remember. Maybe it doesn't mean anything
default_wacko.png
...anyone know? Thanks, Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks Jill, they sunk while I was posting and I don't know which one's they were :DOH! oops...I just got home from the store with them too so much for fresh. I guess I will figure it out when I peel them
default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]

Back in the day when I had a bunch of Hens and Eggs ,,,, this is how I found out if they were old. Even the ones that kinda floated/danced off the bottom I tossed.

Deviling Eggs??? just finished mine
default_yes.gif

Are you making the Indian Hash this year
default_wink.png

[SIZE=12pt]hhpminis, it's pretty simple stuff, potatos (mashed up) sausage, burger, lots of sage, salt and pepper. On the resevation when someone gets married, someone dies and every holiday Indian Hash is a must
default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]

We just saw a double yoke the other day, first time in my life that I had seen one in my pan, anyone else ever see a double yoke?
default_rolleyes.gif

[SIZE=12pt] we still have dressing but no other potatos, Mohawks of the Iroquios Confederacy, sounds pretty darn fancy huh
default_biggrin.png
, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Yep, we have our own chickens therefore eggs and see double yokes quite often.

I'm surprized you got one, those are usually culled in the egg plants.

Do you have any idea how they cull them? Do they use those lights that you hold up to them and look? I'm clueless :DOH! :DOH!

Do you have any idea how they cull them? Do they use those lights that you hold up to them and look? I'm clueless :DOH! :DOH!
The layer barn will catch most of them because they are shaped weird. The packaging place usually catches the rest because they weight too much when they are graded for size/weight.

Old hens that are close to stopping laying are usually the ones that produce double and sometimes even triple yolkers.

Well the hash sounds wonderful, I may make it for breakfast! With a fried egg on top! MMMAnd yes it does sound fancy, I have heard of Mohawk and Iroquios but yours sounds much more fancy and important! LOL

LOL...it's all in the wording...LOL...and yes, my dad likes it with eggs inbetween toast...

Connie, I haven't seen a double yoke in a looong time, when I was little my mom would always call me over to show me if she got one, brings back memories
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]hhpminis, it's pretty simple stuff, potatos (mashed up) sausage, burger, lots of sage, salt and pepper. On the resevation when someone gets married, someone dies and every holiday Indian Hash is a must
default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]
Ate that a lot as a kid...one of the things my Dad fixed when he was cooking.

Latest posts

Back